Dr. Saibal Chatterjee
HIGH VOLTAGE, POWER SYSTEM
- Professional Background
- Educational Details
- Administrative Background
- Sponsored Research Projects
- Memberships in Professional bodies
- Teaching Engagements
- Projects and Thesis Supervised/ Currently Supervising
- PhDs Supervised
- Participation in short term courses
- Courses or Conferences Organised
- Special Lectures Delivered
|DEC 2012||TILL DATE||PROFESSOR||NERIST|
|DEC 2009||DEC 2012||ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR||NERIST|
|MAY 2009||DEC 2009||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR||NERIST|
|APRIL 2007||MAY 2009||SR. LECTURER||NERIST|
|APRIL 1997||APRIL 2007||LECTURER||NERIST|
|AUGUST 1994||APRIL 1997||SHOP FLOOR / DESIGN ENGINEER||MARSON’S LIMITED|
|NOV 1990||DEC 1991||SALES ENGINEER||ORG LIMITED|
|Ph D||HIGH VOLTAGE / POWER SYSTEM||JADAVPUR UNIVERSITY||2007|
|MEE||HIGH VOLTAGE||JADAVPUR UNIVERSITY||1994|
|BE||ELECTRICAL ENGG.||REC DURGAPUR (NIT)||1990|
|Jul-14||Till Date||TEQIP Coordinator||NERIST|
|Aug-14||Nov-14||HOD||Electrical Engineering Department, NERIST|
|Jun-00||Aug-03||Deputy Incharge, T&P||NERIST|
|Jan-01||Jan-02||Warden||Block B, NERIST|
|System Identification using Wavelet Transform||MHRD||2005 (co-PI)|
- SMIEEE, MIE(I), MISTE
|High Voltage and Insulation Engineering||EE 7005||PG||Even|
|Switchgear and Protection||EE 7201||PG||Even|
|High Voltage Engineering||EE 6201||Degree||Even|
|Power System I||EE 5102||Degree||Odd|
|Basics of Electrical Engineering (for EC)||EE 4121||Diploma||Odd|
|Title of Project||Names of Students|
|Electrical Performance of Transformer Oil Based Nano Fluid Under Impulse Voltage for Application in Power Transformer||Mr. Anu Kumar Das|
|Analysis of Various Faults and Electro-magnetic Interference in a Hybrid Corridor of HVAC-HVDC Transmission Lines||Mr. Brajagopal Datta|
|Study and Analysis of Indian Grid||Mr. Kamaljyoti Gogoi|
|Effects of Non-Standard Lightning Transients on Power Cables||Mr. Mudang Taro|
|Study of Grid Integrated Distributed Generation||Mr. Shantanu Chatterjee|
|Study of Effects of Standard and Non- Standard Impulse Waveforms on Power Transformer||Ms. Kaveri Bhuyan|
|Architectural Model of Busbar Protection Relay||Mr. S. M. Mohan|
|High Frequency Modeling of Power Transformer for SFRA Interpretation||Ms. Usha Sharma|
|Impulse Fault Identification using Cascade Feed Forward Neural Network Based on Wavelet Transform Analysis||Mr. Rishabh Singh Khwairakpam|
|Electromechanical Analysis of a Bridge Configured Self-bearing Induction Machine||Ms. Dhritika Saikia|
|Electromechanical Design of Self-bearing Switched Reluctance Motor using Bridged Configured Winding||Ms. Firdausa Ahmed|
|Study of Probabilistic Nature of Breakdown of Air-gap against Uniform and Non-uniform Electric Field||Mr. Mudang Taro|
|Modeling of Bewley’s Lattice Diagram using Matlab||Mr. Brajagopal Datta|
|Electric field calculation using Charge Simulation Method||Ms. Himadri Das|
|North Eastern Grid Analysis using PSS @E||Mr. Kamal Jyoti Gogoi|
|Control of Electric Stress in Cable||Ms. Oying Doso|
|Topic||Scholar Name||Status of PhD||Registration Year|
|Study of Effects of Standard and Non Standard Impulse Waveforms on Power Equipment||Kaveri Bhuyan||Awarded||2010|
|Balanced Scorecard for Operators of Power Sector in Arunachal Pradesh||Shibabrata Choudhury||Submitted||2011|
|Course Name||Sponsored By||Date|
|Solar Photovoltaics: Fundamentals, Technologies and Applications||IIT Bombay||12.12.2011 – 22.12.2011|
|Engineering Optimisation using Matlab and Excel||IIT Guwahati||29.02.2012 – 02.03.2012|
|Workshop on Environmental Management Framework / Procurement Management||NPIU||04.07.2014 – 05.07.2014|
|ISTE Workshop on Signals and Systems||IIT Kharagpur||02.01.2014 – 12.01.2014|
|Management Capacity Enhancement Programme for Administrators||IIM Lucknow||27.07.2015 – 31.07.2015|
|14th Hands on Training on MOS Capacitor and Micro and Nano Characterisation Techniques||IISc Bangalore||19.11.2015 – 27.11.2015|
|Conference Name||Sponsored By||Date|
|Workshop on ‘Recent Trends in Power System’||MHRD||23rd June to 27th June 2008|
|Faculty Development Programme on “Soft Computing and Nano Technology in High Voltage Engineering” in NERIST, Nirjuli, Arunachal Pradesh from.||AICTE||17th September to 28th September 2012|
|Workshop on “Engineering Optimization”||TEQIP||14th May, 2012 to 18th May 2012|
|2012 1st International Conference on Power and Energy in NERIST (ICPEN)||IEEE, NEC, PGCIL||28th to 29th Dec 2012|
|2015 1st Conference on Power, Dielectric and Energy Management at NERIST (ICPDEN)||IEEE, TEQIP, CPRI||10th to 11th Jan 2015|
|Special Talks on High Voltage Engineering||NIT AP||15.09.2015, 16.09.2015, 18.09.2015, 22.09.2015.|
|Application of Fibre Optics in High Voltage and Power system||FDP at NERIST||01.11.2013|
- R.P. Singh, Saibal Chatterjee, “Need of Strategic Planning for Proper Power Management in India”, IEEMA Journal, March, 2000.
- Saibal Chatterjee, R.P. Singh, C. K. Roy, J. R. Biswas , “Studies on Potential Distribution Analysis in a Transformer Winding due to Impulse”, Journal of The Institution Engineers (India) – Dec., 2000.
- Saibal Chatterjee, R.P. Singh, “A Review of the High Voltage Stress Problems on Transformer Windings”, IEEMA Journal, May, 2001.
- Saibal Chatterjee, S. Chakravorti, C.K. Roy “Wavelet Based Denoising For Accurate Identification Of B-H Loop Of Transformer Core”, Proceedings of 3rd International Conference (IEEE) on Electrical & Computer Engineering at Dhaka, Bangladesh, 28th-30th December 2004, pp. 11 – 14, ISBN: 984-32-1804-4.
- Saibal Chatterjee, P. Purkait, S. Chakravorti,“Wavelet Based Denoising For Accurate Identification Of Impulse Faults In Transformer”, Proceedings of 13th National Power System Conference, IIT Chennai, India, 27th – 30th December 2004.
- Tarun Kumar Gangopadhyay, Sivaji Chakravorti, Kesab Bhattacharya and Saibal Chatterjee, “Wavelet Analysis of Optical Signal Extracted from a Non contact fiber optic vibration sensor using extrinsic Fabry-Perot Interferometer”, Measurement Science & Technology, Institute of Physics, UK-March, 2005, pp. 1075-1082, doi:10.1088/0957-0233/16/5/005.
- Saibal Chatterjee, S. Chakravorti, C.K. Roy, “Studies on Transients in High Voltage Line: Experimental Results”, Proceedings of 20th Indian Engineering Congress at Kolkata, India, 25th – 27th December 2005.
- Saibal Chatterjee, S. Chakravorti, C.K. Roy, and S. Biswas,“Studies on Transients in High Voltage Line: Experimental and Simulation Results”, Proceedings of 2006 IEEE Power India Conference at New Delhi, India, 10th – 12th April 2006, DOI: 10.1109/POWERI.2006.1632500.
- Tarun Kumar Gangopadhyay, Sivaji Chakravorti, Saibal Chatterjee and Kesab Bhattacharya, “Time-Frequency Analysis Of Multiple Fringe and Non-Sinusoidal signals Obtained From a Fiber-Optic Vibration Sensor using an Extrinsic Fabry – Perot Interferometer”, IEEE Journal of Lightwave Technology OSA, Vol. 24, Issue 5, May 2006, pp. 2122 – 2131, DOI: 10.1109/JLT.2006.872280.
- Saibal Chatterjee, S. Chakravorti, C.K. Roy, “Transient Studies in an Isolated Power System using Wavelet Transform based Dominant Frequency Signature”, Proceedings of First International Power and Energy Conference (IEEE) PECon 2006,November 28-29, 2006, Putrajaya, Malaysia, DOI: 10.1109/PECON.2006.346712.
- Saibal Chatterjee, S. Chakravorti, C.K. Roy, and D. Dey, “Wavelet Network based Classification of Transients using Dominant Frequency Signature”, Electric Power Systems Research, Vol. 78, Issue 1, Jan 2008, pp. 21-29, DOI: 10.1016/j.epsr.2006.12.003 .
- Kaveri Bhuyan, Saibal Chatterjee, “Study of Effect of Standard and Non-Standard Impulse Waves on Power Equipments”, Proceedings of NCEEERE 2008, from 22nd Dec 2008 to 24th Dec 2008 at Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology, Sikkim – 737 132, INDIA.
- Kaveri Bhuyan, Saibal Chatterjee, “Surge Modelling of Transformer Using Matlab-Simulink”, Proceedings of IEEE Conference INDICON 2009 from 18th Dec 2009 to 20th Dec 2009 at Ahmedabad, Gujarat, INDIA, DOI: 10.1109/INDCON.2009.5409414 .
- S. M. Mohan, Saibal Chatterjee, “Busbar Protection – A Review”, Proceedings in IEEE Conference SIBIRCON 2010, Russia from 11th July 2010 to 15th July 2010 at Irkutsk, Russia, DOI: 10.1109/SIBIRCON.2010.5555158.
- Kaveri Bhuyan, Saibal Chatterjee, “Study of Effects of Standard and Non-Standard Impulse Waves On Power Transformer” –Proceedings in 2010 Joint International Conference on Power Electronics , Drives and Energy Systems (PEDES) & 2010 Power India from 20th to 23rd Dec 2010 at New Delhi, INDIA, DOI: 10.1109/PEDES.2010.5712434 .
- Kaveri Bhuyan, Saibal Chatterjee, “Non Linear Voltage Distribution in Windings of Power Transformer”, IJERT, Vol-1, Issue 4, June 2012, ISSN: 2278-0181.
- Usha Sharma, Kaveri Bhuyan, Saibal Chatterjee, “Development of reference SFRA plot of Transformer at Design stage using High Frequency Modelling”- Proceedings in 2012 1st International Conference on Power and Energy in NERIST (ICPEN) from 28th to 29th Dec 2012 at Nirjuli, Arunachal Pradesh, INDIA, DOI: 10.1109/ICPEN.2012.6492328.
- Brajagopal Datta, Saibal Chatterjee and Kamaljyoti Gogoi “A literature review on use of Bewley’s lattice diagram”- Proceedings in 2012 1st International Conference on Power and Energy in NERIST (ICPEN) from 28th to 29th Dec 2012 at Nirjuli, Arunachal Pradesh, INDIA, DOI: 10.1109/ICPEN.2012.6492338 .
- F. Ahmed, D. Saikia, Saibal Chatterjee, H. Singh, P. Das and K. Kalita, “Self-bearing Switched Reluctance Motor: A Review”- Proceedings in 2012 1st International Conference on Power and Energy in NERIST (ICPEN) from 28th to 29th Dec 2012 at Nirjuli, Arunachal Pradesh, INDIA, DOI: 10.1109/ICPEN.2012.6492346 .
- Brajagopal Datta, Saibal Chatterjee and Kamaljyoti Gogoi “Simulation of Bewley’s lattice diagram using MATLAB”- Proceedings in IEEE Conference CATCON 2013 held from 6th Dec to 8th Dec 2013 at Kolkata, INDIA, DOI: 10.1109/CATCON.2013.6737466.
- Shantanu Chatterjee and Saibal Chatterjee, “Simulation of Synchronous Reference Frame PLL based Grid Connected Inverter for Photovoltaic Application”, Proceedings in IEEE conference ICPDEN 2015 at NERIST on 10th and 11th Jan 2015, DOI: 10.1109/ICPDEN.2015.7084493.
- Kaveri Bhuyan, Saibal Chatterjee, “Simulations of Lightning Impulse Residual Voltage Test of Surge Arresters in Matlab-Simulink”, Proceedings in IEEE conference ICPDEN 2015 at NERIST on 10th and 11th Jan 2015, DOI: 10.1109/ICPDEN.2015.7084494.
- Himadrei Das, Kamaljyoti Gogoi and Saibal Chatterjee,“Analysis of the effect of Electric field due to High Voltage Transmission Lines on Humans”, Proceedings in IEEE conference ICPDEN 2015 at NERIST on 10th and 11th Jan 2015, DOI: 10.1109/ICPDEN.2015.7084491.
- Kaveri Bhuyan, Saibal Chatterjee, “Electric Stresses on Transformer Winding Insulation under Standard and Non-Standard Impulse Voltages”, accepted for publication in Elsevier Journal 'Electric Power Systems Research' on 23rd Jan 2015. DOI: 10.1016/j.epsr.2015.01.019.
- Kaveri Bhuyan, Saibal Chatterjee, "Vulnerability analysis and PMUs as next generation protection system in Smart Grid", 2014 IEEE International Conference on Power Electronics, Drives and Energy Systems (PEDES), Dec 16 - 19, 2014, IIT Bombay, INDIA, DOI: 10.1109/PEDES.2014.7042052.
- Kaveri Bhuyan, Saibal Chatterjee, Anwesa Yadav, Sarita Bansal, Sanat Kumar Paul, "Simulation and Analysis of Impulse Faults in Power Transformer", Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering, Volume 349, 2015, pp 135-141 (Springer), DOI: 10.1007/978-3-662-47200-2_15.
- Kamaljyoti Gogoi, Diganta Mishra, Nrilanjal Debnath, Saibal Chatterjee & Brajagopal Datta, “Modelling and Study of Steady State Analysis and Fault Parameters in 400 kV and 220 kV Buses of Indian North Eastern Regional Grid”, International Conference on Energy, Power and Environment (Towards Sustainable Growth), 12th-13th June 2015 at NIT Meghalaya.
- Toushik Maiti, Kamaljyoti Gogoi, Saibal Chatterjee, “Modelling and Study of Indian Eastern Regional Grid Analysis Using PSS®E”, IEEE INDICON 2015, Dec 2015, Delhi.
- Kaveri Bhuyan, Mudang Taro and Saibal Chatterjee, “Simulation of Lightning Impulse Voltage Stresses in Underground Cables”, CATCON 2015(IEEE), Dec 2015, CPRI Bangalore.
- Kamaljyoti Gogoi, Toushik Maiti, Saibal Chatterjee and Brajagopal Datta, “Modeling and Study of Eastern and North-Eastern Regional Grid of India”, C2E2 – 2016, SKFGI, Mankundu, Hooghly, West Bengal 712139, India, Jan 15-16, 2016.
- Devnath Shah, Shantanu Chatterjee and Saibal Chatterjee, “TUNING OF FRACTIONAL ORDER PID CONTROLLER “A REVIEW”, C2E2 – 2016, SKFGI, Mankundu, Hooghly, West Bengal 712139, India, Jan 15-16, 2016.
- Brajagopal Datta, Saibal Chatterjee and Kamaljyoti Gogoi, “Effects of Close Proximity and Hybrid Operation of HVAC & HVDC Transmission Lines under Steady-State and Fault Conditions: A Literature Survey”, C2E2 – 2016, SKFGI, Mankundu, Hooghly, West Bengal 712139, India, Jan 15-16, 2016.
- Kaveri Bhuyan and Saibal Chatterjee," Simulatio of overvoltage stresses on surge arrester insulation," International transcations on Electrical systems, Volume 26, Issue 6, 1June 2016, Pages 1210-1225 DOI 10.1002/etep.2130.
- Reviewer of many IEEE Conferences.
- Reviewer of IET journal.
- Reviewer of International Journal of Power and Energy Conversion
- Guest Editor of Journal of Electrical Systems
- MIE (I)