Intelligent Manufacturing, Foundry, Forming, Welding, Production Management
e-mail:mm [AT] nerist(dot)ac(dot)in
Phone(EPBX/Office):0360-2257401-6189 (O), 6524 (R)
- Professional Background
- Honors and Awards
- Educational Details
- Administrative Background
- Sponsored Research Projects
- Memberships in Professional bodies
- Teaching Engagements
- Projects and Thesis Supervised/ Currently Supervising
- PHDs Supervised
- Participation in short term courses
- Courses or Conferences Organised
- Special Lectures Delivered
- Books Authored
|10-02-1983||18-06-1991||Deputy Manager/Assistant Manager/Junior Manager||Vizag Steel Plant, Visakhapatnam, AP|
|07-07-1982||03-02-1983||Engineer||Hindustan Motors Ltd, Hindmotor, West Bengal|
|Dr.Quinn Medal||MRCollege, Vizianagaram, AP||1975|
|Greaves Foseco Prize||IIT, Kharagpur, WB||1982|
|State Merit Scholarship||Govt. Of Andhra Pradesh||1975-80|
|M.Tech. Fellowship||IIT, Kharagpur, WB||1980-82|
|Ph.D. Fellowship||IIT, Kharagpur, WB||2000-2003|
|Rajiv Gandhi Excellence Award||India International Friendship Society||2010|
|Ph.D. in Engineering||Intelligent Manufacturing||IIT, Kharagpur, WB.||2007|
|M.Tech. in Mechanical Engg.||Foundry Engg.||IIT, Kharagpur, WB||1982|
|BE (Mechanical Engg.)||Mechanical Engg. Subjects||Andhra University, College of Engg., Visakhapatnam, AP||1980|
|DIF (French Language)||French Language & Grammar||Andhra University, College of Arts, Visakhapatnam, AP||1979|
|02-01-2012||22-2-2015||Dean (Planning & Development)||NERIST|
|10-2-1983||18-6-1991||Deputy Manager/Asstt. Manager/Junior Manager||Vizag Steel Plant, Visakhapatnam, AP.|
|01-10-2010||30-6-2014||Institute Coordinator,TEQIP-II, MHRD-WB project.||NERIST|
|1992||1997||Coordinator, NSS, GoI||NERIST|
|Integrated Bio-diesel Plant||DST||2008-10|
|Advanced Manufacturing Management (M.Tech. in Computer Integrated Manufacturing & Automation)||ME7202||PG||II|
|Intelligent Manufacturing Systems for Ph. D. Research Scholar)/ M.Tech. by Research||ME7022||Ph.D.||I/II|
|Automation in Manufacturing Systems for M.Tech.,/M.Tech. by Research, and Ph.D.||ME7105||PG||I|
|Sessionals on CAD/CAM–II for M.Tech.||ME7251||PG||I|
|Seminar for M.Tech. Computer Integrated Manufacturing & Automation||ME 8098||PG||I & II|
|Sessional on PLCs, Simulation, e-library, internet, CAM softwares for M.Tech. students
Seminar for M.Tech.(CIMA)
|M.Tech thesis work/ M.Tech. by research thesis work||ME8099||PG||I & II|
|Ph.D. Thesis work|
|Production and Operations Management for MBA students|
|Production Planning and Control|
|Management of Production Systems|
|Advanced Lab. Practice in CAD,CAM and CFD for B.Tech final year students|
|Production Technology-practice on welding and machine shop|
|Basic Manufacturing Processes (Foundry practice for 1st year B.Tech. at Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, India for a period of three years)|
|Workshop process (Foundry Practice for 2nd year B.Tech, at Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, India)|
|Comprehensive Viva Voce for B.Tech. final year students|
|B.Tech. Project work|
|Materials and Material Science|
|Materials and Metallurgy|
|Foundry, Welding and Forming (AE/ ME)|
|Mechanical Servicing & Maintenance (AE/ME)|
|Comprehensive Workshop (AE/ME/CSE)|
|Sheet Metal work, Carpentry and Welding|
|Forge and Foundry (AE/ME)|
|Workshop Practice (CAM & Forge Shop)|
|Automobile Servicing and Maintenance (AE/ME)|
|Workshop practice-II (practical classes)|
|Craftsmanship-II, Production-Machine shop and Carpentry practice|
|Craftsmanship-IV, Production- Foundry and Forge practice|
|Diploma project work|
|Plant Specialist lectures in Vizag Steel Plant for Sot and MTTs|
|Title of Project||Names of Students|
|Cloud Computing Based Machining Optimisation was awarded from IIT Guwahati in May 2014 under my guidance.||Ph.D. scholar M.Chandrasekharan (2008-14) completed|
|Studies on Ergonomics for Indian Industry, July 2014.||Ph.D. Scholar (full time), Santosh Kumar Registration seminar completed for Ph.D.|
|Studies on Application of Terro Technology for Indian Light Motor Vehicle Systems, completed in June 2011.||M.Tech.(by Research) thesis (2008-11) by Mr. S. Suresh Kumar,Completed in 2011|
|Studies on Design and Development of Intelligent Manufacturing System.||Ph.D. Scholar, Mr.Birendra Kumar, since July 2015|
|M.Tech. (CIMA) thesis on Studies on Status of Hydropower and Productivity Analysis of a Hydropower Plant, completed in May 2009 by Ms. Pinky Mayong full time completed in May 2009.|
|M.Tech. (CIMA) thesis on An Experimental Study on Mechanical Properties of Hybrid Natural Fiber Composite Materials by Mr. Sudarsan Sarkar, completed in June 2011.|
|M.Tech. (CIMA) thesis on Mechanical Characterisation of Natural Fiber Reinforced Composite Materials by Mr. Dharmesh Dash in June 2011.|
|M.Tech. (CIMA) thesis on Studies on Development of Intelligent Systems and Estimation of Machine Intelligence Quotient for Industrial Systems, by Mr. R.Datta completed in June 2012.|
|M.Tech. (CIMA), Design and Development of Computer based Systems for Productivity Improvement for Siro Tea Industry, Arunachal Pradesh, by Joli Angu, completed in June 2013.|
|M.Tech. thesis on Development of Cloud computing system for Continuous Casting system for M/s SINEL, Banderdewa, 2015-16 in progress.|
|B.Tech. Mechanical project on Design and Manufacture of Composite materials, July 2015-May 2016|
|B.Tech. (Mechanical) project report on Productivity Analysis of Arunachal State Transport Corporation: A Study, by Ms.Gargi Majumder and Ms.Vibole Shohe, completed in May 2011.|
|B.Tech. project, Application of Terrotechnology and Life Cycle Costing of Industrial Systems, Mr. Sarma, Bachu Deb and Debbarma, NERIST, May 2009.|
|B.Tech. project, Development of Methods for Measurement of Machine Intelligent Quotient for Mechanical Machines- Mr. Ibomcha, Mr. Pant and Mr. Singh. in 2007.|
|B.Tech. project, Development of Bio-diesel Reactor, NERIST,in 2006.|
|B.Tech. project, Development of Taxonomy of Manufacturing Processes and Manufacturing Process Selection by Analytical Hierarchy Process, 2004- Mr. P.K.Choubey.|
|B.Tech. project, A comparative study on Energy Sources for Power Generation - 1995 - Mr. R. Nair, K.K.Lalngathawa, and Subhasis Mazumdar.|
|B.Tech. project, A Study of Productivity Improvement Techniques in Manufacturing Industries with a case study at ATCPL - 1995 Mr. Roshan Dey, D. Debbarma, and A.H.Mazumdar.|
|B.Tech. project, Energy Conservation in Metal Casting Industry 1994, Mr. Rajiv Prasad, etc.|
|B.Tech. project, Recent Developments of Squeeze casting and Die design for a typical casting - 1996 - Mr. Suman Roy, Secho Sale, Gautam Melakar, Atche Sangam Wangpan.|
|B.Tech. project, Application of Computers and Robots in Metal Casting and Forging Industry - 1992 Mr. T. Datta, S. Das.|
|DME Project, Design and Fabrication of Forge Hearth -1993 - Mr.Roshan Dey.|
|DME Project, Design and Fabrication of Match Plate Pattern - 1992 – Ms.Nitu Das.|
|DME Project, Design and Fabrication of Punch and Die for Mechanical Press in Fittings Shop in 1993.|
|Topic||Scholar Name||Status of PHD||Registration Year|
|Cloud Computing Based Machining Optimisation||Dr.M.Chandrasekaran||completed||2008-14|
|Course Name||Sponsored By||Date|
|“Entrepreneurial Orientation Programme for Faculty in North Eastern Regional Institute of Science and Technology”, along with Indian Institute of Entrepreneur, during 28-29th January 1996.|
|“Alloys Cast Irons-Recent developments and applications”, QIP Summer School during 16th –27th June 1992 at Dept. of Metallurgical Engineering, Indian Institute Technology., Kharagpur, India.|
|“Effective Human Resource Management for Frontline Managers” a three-day programme in May 1990 at Visakhapatnam Steel Plant, Visakhapatnam, India.|
|A training programme on ‘Hydraulics’ during 22nd –24th June 1984 in Visakhapatnam Steel Plant, Visakhapatnam, India.|
|“Safety and Loss Prevention in Materials Movement” Organized by Loss Prevention Association of India during 18th –19th October 1984 at Visakhapatnam Steel Plant, India.|
|Management Trainee (Technical) at Bhilai Technical Institute, Bhilai Steel Plant, Bhilai, India, from February 1983 to December 1983.|
|Vocational training at Bhilai Steel Plant, Bhilai during May 1979-June 1979 (one month)|
|Observatory & Project type training during May-June 1981 at Ductron Casting Ltd., Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India (Two months)|
|Vocational, Trainee at Hindustan Zinc Ltd., Visakhapatnam, India during May 1978.|
|AICTE sponsored STTP on Modern Food Processing Technology, 2009, Agricultural Engg. Dept, NERIST, AP.|
|AICTE sponsored STTP on Behavioural Competency Development: Psychological Aspects, Dept. of HSS, NERIST, March 23-27, 2009.|
|AICTE sponsored Staff Development Programme on Soft Computing in Engineering Applications, Dept of Mechanical Engg, NERIST, January 25-February 5, 2010|
|TEQIP sponsored one day training programme on Procurement Management Services System at JNTUC, Hyderabad, on Dt.26-3-2012.|
|NPIU sponsored 5 days training programme for Managerial effectiveness for Institute administrators (Directors/VCs/Deans) from 11-2-2013 to 15-2-2013 at IIM Lucknow Noida Campus, UP.|
|Attended an NPIU training programme on TEQIP Management Information System, October 8-9, 2013 at ICT, Mumbai.|
|Attended and presented progress report at 1st Review meeting of World Bank-MHRD TEQIP-II project at India International Centre on 26-2-13, New Delhi.|
|Organised a National Conference on Advances in Welding Technology during 10-11th May 2013 at NERIST, Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh sponsored by TEQIP-II.|
|Attended a three day training programme on Outcome Based Accreditation at National Board of Accreditation, at Regional centre of NBA, Royal group of Institutes, Guwahati from21-3-14 to 23-3-2014.|
|One day training in e-library practice attended in NERIST, August 2015|
|Organized one day workshop on awareness programme on outcome based accreditation of NBA for faculty of NERIST, in April 2014.|
|Organized one week FDP training programme for faculty of NERIST on CIM and Robotics in May 2013|
|Conference Name||Sponsored By||Date|
|National Conference on Advances in Welding Technology, May 2013., NERIST||TEQIP-II||10-11 May 2013|
|Faculty Development Programme on Applications of Computer Integrated Manufacturing and Robotics for Manufacturing, organized in NERIST, June 2012.||TEQIP-II||June 2012|
|Specialist Lecture delivered on “Industrial Safety and Machine Guarding in Indian and Abroad” delivered in ISTE Summer school on ‘Electrical Hazards and safety Management’ during June-July 1995, NERIST, Nirjuli.|
|Specialist lecture delivered on ‘Quality Circles in Total Quality Management’in Business Skill Development Programme sponsored by Ministry of Micro Small Medium Enterprise in January 2008.|
|Specialist lecture delivered on ‘Role of Manufacuring Processes in Business Skill Development’ in Business Skill Development Programme sponsored by Ministry of Micro Small Medium Enterprise in January 2008.|
|Specialist lecture delivered on ‘Manufacuring Processes for Composite Materials” ’in ISTE- STTP Programme sponsored by AICTE in October 2008.|
|Specialist lecture delivered on ‘Taxonomy of Composite Materials and their Applications” in ISTE- STTP Programme sponsored by AICTE in October 2008.|
|Developed a CADD Lab. in the Mechanical Engineering Department along with another faculty under a MoDRoB MHRD Project in January 2004.|
|Development of Business Incubation Centre in Collaboration with Ministry of Small Medium Enterprises, New Delhi, October 2008 and Approved in March 2009.|
|Specialist lectures delivered in DIAT Pune on Manufacturing for DRDO Scientists in June12-15th 2011,|
|Specialist lecture delivered in STTP on nanotechnology staff development programme during 1-12th August 2011 in NERIST, Arunachal Pradesh.|
- Shop floor Engineer’s Reference Book compiled and published for internal use in Visakhapatnam Steel Plant.
- Compilation of Laboratory manual along with the list of experiments and procedure for Base module completed, diploma and Degree modules in progress.
- Lecture notes for various subjects complied, Materials and Material Science, Foundry, Welding & Forming, Mechanical Servicing & Maintenance, Works Management and Costing, Management of Production Systems, Automation in Manufacturing Systems, Production Planning and Control, Advanced Manufacturing Management.
- Publishing Technopreneur Volume 1, 2 and 3 in Centre for Appropriate Technology and Rural Development (CATRD) during January 2008.
- Published a book chapter on Soft computing techniques for metal cutting in 2010.
- Datta GL, Muralidhar M (1985) “Strength Development and Gas Evolution Characteristics of Resin Bonded Sand Systems”. Journal of Institution of Engineers (India) vol 66, part PE 2 Nov. 1985 page 51to56.
- Muralidhar M, Monish Banerjee, Datta GL, “Productivity Studies of Melting Section in a Cast Iron Foundry of an Automotive Industry”, published in Indian Foundry Journal, Vol. 47, No. 7, July 2001., pp 17- 22.
- Muralidhar M, Datta GL, “Process Selection for Automotive Engine Castings in Foundry using Analytic Hierarchy Process”, Int. Jr. Material Processing Technology, England. (Pipeline).
- Muralidhar M, Datta GL, “Status of the Global Foundry Industry”, Indian Foundry Journal, vol 48, No 2, Feb, 2002, India.
- Muralidhar M, Banerjee M, Datta GL, “Techno-Economic Analysis of Automotive Castings” published in Minerals and Metals Review, India, March 2002.
- Muralidhar M, Datta GL, “Cutting Costs When You Cast” published in Indian Foundry Journal, April 2002.
- Muralidhar M., Role of Modular Technical Education in Manpower Development in North Eastern Region of India, published in NERIST Annual Journal 2007, page 46-48.
- Chandrasekharan M, Muralidhar M, Krishna CM, and Dixit US, Application of Soft Computing Techniques in Machining Performance Prediction and Optimisation: A Literature Review, Int. Jr. of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, May 2009.
- Muralidhar M, Role of CATRD in Serving NE Region, Silver Jubilee publication, April 2009.
- Chandrasekhara M, Muralidhar M, and Dixit US, An Interactive Online Finish End Milling Process Optimisation, International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, 6(5), pp949-959, 2011.
- Chandrasekharan M, Muralidhar M, and Dixit US, Online Optimization of Finish Machining Based on Cloud Computing, accepted for publication in Int. Jr. Advanced Manufacturing Technology, April 2012.
- Muralidhar M, Studies on Casting Genome Analysis of Grey Iron Engine Block Casting, International Jr. Foundry Research, An Official Journal of WFO (pipeline-accepted).
- Chandrasekharan M, Muralidhar M, and Dixit US, Online Optimisation of Multipass Machining based on Cloud, International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, vol 65, No(1-4), PP239-250, 2013.
- Das D, Samanta S, Gautam SS and Muralidhar M, Mechanical Characterisation of Natural Fiber Reinforced Composite Materials, International Journal of Advanced Materials Manufacturing and Characterisation, vol. 3, issue 1, 2013, pp275-279.
- Chandrasekharan M, Muralidhar M, and Dixit US, Online Machining Optimisation of a Finish Turning Process: Strategy and Experimental Validation, Int. Jr. of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 2014.
- Santosh Kumar, and Muralidhar M, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Symptoms and Associated Risk Factors for Assembly Line Workers Engaged in Shocker Manufacturing Industries: A Study, Global Journal of Research in Engineering: Industrial Engineering, vol 15, No. 3, version 1, pp1-8, 2015.
- Santosh Kumar, and Muralidhar M, “ Impact of Age on Potential CTS Symptions Among Shocker Manufacturing Assembly Line Workers” published in International Journal of Research in Aeronautical and Mechanical Engineering, Vol 3, Issue 2, pp10-17, Feb. 2015,
- Santosh Kumar, and Muralidhar M, The Study of Relationship Between Body Mass Index and Risks of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome in Workers Engaged in Shocker Manufacturing Industry”, published in Int. Jr. of Industrial Engineering & Technology, Vol 5, No 1, pp1-8, 2015.
- Santosh Kumar, and Muralidhar M, “Analysis of Prevalence of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome in Shocker Manufacturing Workers”, acceped for publication in Advances in Production Engineering and Management, January 2016.
- Misra BP, Muralidhar M, “Design and Fabrication of Low Cost Multipurpose Sand Roaster” 3rd International Food Convention 1993, Mysore, India.
- Muralidhar M, “Availability and Use of Ferro-alloys in Special Grade Cast Irons” International Conference on Recent Developments in Ferro-alloy Production REDIFAP-93, Jan. 1993, Bhubaneswar, India.
- Muralidhar M, Sarma NVBR, Rao KNR, Kuzintsov B “Foundry Technological and Management Causes for Productivity Loss” 1st Foundry Director’s Conference, China Foundry Association, Nov. 1993, Beijing, PR China.
- Muralidhar M, Tiwari MK. “A Study of Expert Systems for Casting Defect Analysis” 2nd Asian Foundry Congress proceedings, Kitakyushu, Japan, Oct. 1994 page 417 to 424.
- Muralidhar M, “Computer Technology for Metal Casting in Twenty-first Century”, Fifth Asian Congress, Nanjing, PR China, Sept. 23-25, 1999.
- Chandrasekaran M, Muralidhar M, “Engineering Education: Conventional versus Modular Pattern” 29th Annual meet of AIAET & International Conference on Education 29-31 Jan. 1999 Silchar, Assam, India.
- Muralidhar M, Datta GL, “Holonic Manufacturing Systems for Small-to-Medium Enterprises: An Overview” Presented and published in International Conference on Manufacturing ICM2002, BUET, Dhaka, Bangladesh, August, 2002, vol 2, pp 284-294.
- Muralidhar M, Datta GL, “Status of Global Foundry Industry vis a vis Top Ten Casting Producing Nations by 2010” 65th World Foundry Congress, Gyeongju, South Korea, October, 2002, pp923-931. (available on-line Internet).
- Muralidhar M, Datta GL, “Development of Universal Genetic Map for Metal Castings: A Study, published and presented in Technical Forum WFO 2003, June 2003, Dusseldorf, Germany.
- Muralidhar M, Datta GL, “Design of an Intelligent Melting Holon for an SME Foundry”, sent for presentation in 8th Asian Foundry Congress, October 2003, Thailand, Bangkok.
- Muralidhar M., “Mathematical Computation Methods for Determination of Machine Intelligent Quotient for Machines” International Conference on Mathematics and Applied Mechanics, Bangalore, 2007.
- Muralidhar M, “Technological Developments of Metal Casting Technology” published at World Technical Forum 2009, Brno Czech Republic, 1-3 June, 2009.
- Chandrasekharan M, Muralidhar M, and Dixit US, “Optimisation of Engineering Problems by Fuzzy Logic Set Theory: An Application to Multipass Training Process”, published and presented in Computational Intelligence and Centre for Excellence in Nanotechnology, IST, Klawad, Haryana, Feb 26-28, 2010.
- Muralidhar M,and Datta GL, “Casting Genome Analysis for Typical Automotive Engine Castings” 69th World Foundry Congress, Hangzou, PR China, October 16-20, 2010.
- Muralidhar M, “Development of Intelligent Induction Furnace and Measurement of Furnace Intelligence Quotint” 69th World Foundry Congress, PR China, October 16-20, 2010.
- Chandrasekharan M, Muralidhar M, and Dixit US, Optimisation of Engineering Problems by Fuzzy Set Theory: An Application to Multipass Turning Process, Int. Multiconference on Intelligent Systems and Nanotechnology, Institute of Science and Technology Kawad, Haryana, Feb. 26-28, 2010.
- Chandraskharan M, Muralidhar M and Dixit US, “Parametric Study of Metal Cutting on a Virtual Lathe” Int. Conf. On AIMTDR 2010, College of Engg, Visakhapatnam, December 2010.
- Suresh Kumar S, and Muralidhar M, Development of Fuel Efficient Engine by Terro-Technology Application: A Study, accepted for publication in International Conference on Design and Manufacturing, Gyangzhou, PRChina, Sept. 2011
- Muralidhar M, and Datta GL, Productivity Analysis of Melting Section of an Automobile Grey Iron Foundry: A Case Study, presented and published in 51st International Foundry Conference, Portoroz, Slovenia, 14-16th September, 2011.
- Suresh Kumar S and Muralidhar M, Automotive Material Selection for Automotive systems using Analytical Hierarchy Technique, Presented and publication in International Conference on Manufacturing Modelling, December 2011, IIT, Guwahati, India.
- Muralidhar M, An Overview of Global Foundry Industry from Art to Cast, accepted for presentation and publication in International Foundry Conference, May 2012, Galati, Romania.
- Muralidhar M, Studies on Casting Genome Analysis of Grey Iron Engine Block Casting, 52nd International Foundry Conference, Slovenia, Invited paper published and accepted for presentation, Sept. 2012.
- Muralidhar M and Datta GL, Development of Global Holonic Casting Manufacturing Concepts and Principles: A Study, 71st World Foundry Congress, Bilbao, Spain, May 2014.
- Muralidhar M and Datta GL, Analysis of Energy Consumption and Conservation of a Cast Iron Automobile Foundry: A Study” in 2015 WFO Moulding Materials and Casting Technologies (MMCT 2015), October 25-28th 2015, Changsha, PR China.
- Santosh Kumar and Muralidhar M, “ Ergonomical Study of Hand- Arm Vibrational Exposure in a Gear Manufacturing Plant in India” accepted for presentation and publication 16MY02000091, 18th International Conference on Applied Human Factors and Ergonomics, 11-12th Feb 2016, Kaulalumpur, Malaysia.
- Muralidhar M, Datta GL (1984) “Thermal Properties of Resin Bonded Sand Systems” published in 32nd Indian Foundry Congress, Madras, 1984, pp 7-5 to 7-10.
- Datta GL, Muralidhar M (1985) “Strength Development and Gas Evolution Characteristics of Resin Bonded Sand Systems”, presented in 1st National Conference on Robotics, Calcutta, 17-18, August, 1985.
- Shaji M, Muralidhar M, Rao SRM, “Application of Modern Technology in a Steel Plant Foundry” National Seminar on Modern Trends in Ferrous casting Technology, Sept. 1990, Bokaro.
- Muralidhar M, Sarma NVBR “Trouble Shooting and Remedial Measures of Centrifugal and Rotary Pumps” Industrial Problems on Machines and Mechanisms (IPROMM 92), Feb. 1992, Coimbatore, India, page 49 to 57.
- Muralidhar M, “Do Computerization and Automation Reduce Manpower? Published and presented in 40th Indian Foundry Congress, Chennai, India 1992, pp 417-423.
- Muralidhar M, Sumit Das, Tapas Dutta, “Application and Techno Economic Aspects of Industrial Robots for Foundry” 42nd Indian Foundry Congress, Jan. 1994, Ahmedabad, India IIF Transactions (94-3) page 417 to 423.
- Muralidhar M, “Industrial Safety and Machine Guarding in India and Abroad”, ISTE Summer School on ‘Electrical Hazards and Safety Management (June-July) North Eastern Regional Institute of Science and Technology, Itanagar, 1995.
- Muralidhar M, Chandrasekaran M, “Some Views on Industry-Institute Interaction” Published in xxv ISTE Convention, Nagpur Dec.1995.
- Shaji M, Muralidhar M, Rao SRM, “Commissioning Aspects of Foundry and Forge” IIM chapter Seminar 1985.
- Chandrasekaran M, Muralidhar M, “Modular Pattern of Engineering Education: An Overview” ISTE Convention 21-23 Nov. 1998,Punjab Agrl. Uty, Ludhiana.
- Chandrasekaran M, Raghvan SS, Muralidhar M, “Technical Education in India and Possible Role of Internet” Journal of Indian Society for Technical Education, India.(pipeline)
- Muralidhar M, Chandrasekaran M, “Process Selection in Metal Casting using Analytic Hierarchy Process for an Automotive Piston” published in National Conference “Mechatronics in Manufacturing” 25-27 March 2000 at Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, India.
- Muralidhar M, Chandrasekaran M, “Foresight Global Manufacturing through Internet in India, World Class Manufacturing Systems 18-19 Aug. 2000, at BIET, Jhansi, India.
- Muralidhar M, “Holonic Manufacturing System for Foundries” (pipeline)
- Muralidhar M, “Intelligent Machine and its Attributes” published in Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE) Winter School, NERIST, Itanagar, December, 2002.
- Muralidhar M, Datta GL, Design of a Holonic Casting Test-Bed for Typical Automotive Castings, published and presented in 51st Indian foundry Congress, Jaipur, January 2003.
- Muralidhar M, Datta GL, Evolution of 7000 years old foundry industry vis a vis Indian Scenario: Facts and Figures, presented in poster session of Conference FOCAST, March 2003.
- Muralidhar M, Datta GL, “Process Selection for Automotive Castings in Foundry using Analytic Hierarchy Process” presented in National Conference on investment casting, CMERI, Durgapur, Sept. 2003.
- Lingfa P., and Muralidhar M., “Role of Bio-Diesel Plantation in Arunachal Pradesh” presented in Awareness of Bio-Diesel Generation Conference at Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh, 2005.
- Muralidhar M., “Role of Technical Staff in Moulding Scientific and Technical Manpower” presented and published in National Conference organized on May Day at IIT, Kharagpur.
- Muralidhar M., and Datta GL., “World Casting Value Analysis: A Study” presented and published in 55th Indian Foundry Congress, Agra, India, February 2007.
- Muralidhar M., “Development of Methods for MIQ Measurement for Mechanical Systems” published in National Conference on Applied Mathematics and Engineering Mechanics, December 2007, Bangalore, India.
- Muralidhar M., “Need of Rural Industrialisation in North Eastern Region” presented in two day workshop on Entrepreneurship in School Curriculum, NERIST, Itanagar, January 2008.
- Muralidhar M., “Quality Circle in Total Quality Management” presented and published in Business Skill Development Programme sponsored by Ministry of MSME, January 2008, India.
- Madhusudan T., and Muralidhar M., “Nano-Engineering Application Domains in Engineering Paradigm: A Study” published in National Workshop on Engineering Materials, NIT, Silchar, Feb. 2008.
- Muralidhar M., “Sustainable Energy Planning in Rural North East India: A Study” presented and published in National Conference on Sustainable Development in NER, NERIST, Itanagar, February 2008, India.
- Muralidhar M, “Taxonomy of Composite Materials and their Engineering Applications”, ISTE STTP, NERIST, October 2008, Itanagar, India.
- Muralidhar M., “Manufacturing Methods of Composite Materials: A Study”, ISTE STTP, NERIST, October 2008, Itanagar, India.
- Sarmah BL, and Muralidhar M, “A Study on the Significance of E-Commerce in the Marketing of SSI units in North Eastern Region” accepted for presentation and publication in National Conference on National Conference on Forecasting Financial markets in India, IIT, Kharagpur, December 29-31st 2008, India.
- Muralidhar M, and Datta GL, Casting Productivity Analysis of Global Foundry Industry, Accepted for publication and presentation at 57th Indian Foundry Congress, Kolkata, 13-15th February 2009.
- Muralidhar M., Quality Circles in Engineering and Management Institutes: A Study, Presented and published at IX Conference of Higher and Technical Education, Itanagar, India, Feb. 2009.
- Muralidhar M, “Development of Methods for Machine Intelligent Quotient for Machines: A Study” presented and published in National Conference on Computer Aided Modelling and Simulation in Computational Mechanics, March 14-15st, 2009, NERIST, Itanagar, India, pp.221-230.
- Muralidhar M, Role of Bio-Fuels and Hydro Power In Rural Energy Needs of North East India: A Study, presented and published in Regional Seminar on Role Bio-fuels in North East, March 2009, NERIST, Itanagar, India.
- Muralidhar M, and Suresh Kumar S, “ Role of Bio-diesel in Catering the Rural Energy Needs” published in National Seminar on Tribal Technologies in DN College Itanagar, November 20-22nd 2009.
- B.Das and Muralidhar M, Role of Renewable Energy in NE region, accepted for presentation in Regional Seminar on Renewable Energy Sources, NERIST, Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh, 24-25th September 2010.
- Muralidhar M, Presented a paper on Life History of Maulana Abul Kalam Azad: A Great Son of India, National Education day, NERIST, India, Dt.11-11-2009.
- Muralidhar M, Invited lecture on “Role of Management Graduates in Small Scale Industries in India” NIST and IBM, Lankelapalem, Visakhapatnam, March 25th 2010.
- Muralidhar M, Invited lecture on ”Production of Bio-diesel from Oil Seeds”, A five day Farmers’ Training programme on Bio-diesel, NERIST, October 2010.
- Chandrasekharan M, Muralidhar M, andDixit US, Fuzzy set based Online Optimisation of Finish Milling Process, National Conference on Advanced Design and Manufacture (NCADM 2011) pp.132-137, Tiruvelluru, Tamilnadu, India, January 6-7, 2011.
- Suresh Kumar S and Muralidhar M, “Application of Terro-Technology for Development of Fuel Efficient Automotive Engine” 59th Indian Foundry Congress, Feb.2011 Chandigarh, Punjab.
- Pinky Moyong and Muralidhar M, “Hydropower Potential in North East India: A Study, National Conference on Bio-diversity and Water resources in North Eastern Region, Agartala, India, 20-22nd August 2011.
- Muralidhar M, Application of Computers and Robots for Metal Casting, FDP on CIM and Robotics, June 2012.
- Muralidhar M, Studies on Casting Genome Analysis of Grey Iron Engine Block Casting, 52nd International Foundry Conference, Slovenia, Invited paper published and accepted for presentation, Sept. 2012.
- Joli Angu and Muralidhar M, Design and Development of CIM system for Tea Processing Equipment, International Conference ICMME, Pune, March 2013.
- Muralidhar M, Production Aspects of Steel Structural Shop in Vizag Steel Plant: A Study, Presented in National Conference on Advances in Welding Technology, NERIST, Itanagar, 10-11, May 2013.
- Das D, Samanta S,and Muralidhar M, Fabrication and Characterisation of Natural Fiber Reinforced Composites, National Conference of RAME, NERIST, India, pp.301-308, Nov. 8-9, 2013, ISBN9789382-880714.
- Joli Angu and Muralidhar M, Development of Business Models for Online Tea Marketing for a Tea Factory for in Arunachal Pradesh in North East India, published in IEEE Conference, New Delhi, August 2013.
- K.Pranjal, N.Yadaiah, G.Renu, Sohini Chowdhury, S.M.Khan and M.Muralidhar, “Thermal Aanalysis of Laser Hybrid Welding Processes and Chanllenges in Modeling” published and presented in National LASER Symposium (NLS 24), RRCAT, Indore, 2-5th Dec, 2015.
- N.Yadaiah, G.Renu, Sohini Chowdhury, P.Kalita and M.Muralidhar, “Finite Element Based Heat Transfer Aanalysis of Laser Assisted Additive Manufacturing Process” published and presented in National LASER Symposium (NLS 24), RRCAT, Indore, 2-5th Dec, 2015.
- Course Advisor for Degree module since 1995-2000 in North Eastern Regional Institute of Science and Technology, Arunachal Pradesh, India.
- Business Incubation Centre for Support for Enterpreneurship and Managerial Development of SMEs through Incubators project in CATRD, NERIST was selected by Ministry of Micro Small & Medium Enterprises, New Delhi in March 2009 (Ref: No 6(19)/ 2009 dtd31-3-2009), Rs.62 lakhs per annum for four years..
- Chairman, Board of Studies of ME Dept. from 2005 to 2007.
- Chairman, Board of Studies of CATRD. from 2008 to till date.
- Member Secretary, Management Committee of NERIST Business Incubation Centre of MSME, NERIST, CATRD, July 2009.
- Member, Dept. Research Committee, NERIST form 2007.
- Paper Setter and Evaluator for APPSC and PWD and Forest Depts. of Arunachal Pradesh.
- Course Advisor for M.Tech. (CIMA) for part time and Full time and Ph.D. Part- time
- M.Tech. in Computer Integrated Manufacturing and Automation started in 2007 as HoD(ME).
- Member, Academic Council of NERIST, from 2005 to till date.
- Chairman, Syllabus revision Committee for Production and Management group of ME Dept., 2009.
- Coordinator for M.Tech.(CIMA) since 2007.
- Chairman, Organising Committee, STTP on Composite Materials-Manufacturing, Mechanics and Applications, NERIST, October 2008, India.
- Vice Chairman, Organising Committee for National Conference on Computer Aided Modelling and Simulation in Computational Mechanics NERIST, January 2009, India.
- Reviewer, Int. Jr. of Material Science, 2008.
- Member organizing committee of National Seminar on “Liquid Crystals”, NERIST, Itanagar during 26th –28th Dec. 1994.
- Co-chairman for a technical session in second Asian Foundry Congress, Kitakyushu, Japan during 24th –26th Oct.1994.
- Chairman, NEE-II, Syllabus preparation for entrance examination 1997 for Mechanical Dept. NERIST.
- Member & Chairman for Laboratory Experiments compilation work of Mechanical Dept. NERIST.
- Special Lecture notes prepared and delivered a talk in Short term Course on Safety and electrical hazards in July 1995, NERIST, Itanagar.
- Facilitator for Quality Circles in Forge & Foundry in Viakhapatnam Steel Plant.
- Member of the compilation of Shop floor Engineer’s Reference Manual Book in Visakhapatnam Steel Plant.
- Interview board member for Degree lateral entry students at NERIST, Itanagar.
- Shop-in-charge and laboratory-in-charge five Shops, three laboratories.
- Chairman, Library Committee, North Eastern Regional Institute of Science and Technology, Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh, India.
- Academic Council Member since 2003 to till date.
- Member, DRC of Agricultural Engg Dept. for Ph.D. Evaluation 2010 onwards.
- Research guide for two Ph.D. scholars (part time) in NERIST and IIT, Gauhati.
- Chairman of Organising Committee for the Short Term Training Program on Composite Materials: Applications, Manufacturing and Mechanics, October 2008, Dept. of Mechanical Engg, NERIST, Nirjuli, Arunachal Pradesh, India.
- Member, Scientific Advisory Committee, Int. Conf. AIMTDR-2010, AUCE, Visakhapatnam, AP.
- Reviewer, Int. Conf. AIMTDR-2010 Technical Papers, Visakhapatnam, AUCE.. Andhra Pradesh, India.
- Advisor, RETIP National Committee, Regional Seminar on Renewable Energy Technologies, NERIST, September 2011.
- Chairman, Plenary sessions (two) in 51st International Foundry Conference, Portoroz, Slovenia, 15th Sept. 2011.
- Advisory Committee Member for 52nd International Foundry Conference 2012, Portrose, Slovenia.
- Member, Corporate Social Responsibilty, NERIST and 4 meetings attended since 2013.
- Member, Local Advisory Committee, NERIST since 2013.
- Member, Building and Works committee since January 2012.
- Member, IQAC, NERIST since June 2012.
- Member, Doctoral Committee and DPGS, Agricultural Engg. Dept of NERIST, since 2012.
- Chairman, Doctoral Committee, 1st Ph.D. scholar of Mechanical Engg. Dept, NERIST, 2013.
- Chairman, Purchase committee for Civil and Elecrical items of NERIST IE office from January 2012 to February 2015.
- Chairman, Tender opening committee for Civil and Electrical tenders of NERIST from January 2012 to February 2015.
- Chairman, NBA accreditation committee from October 2013 to Jan 2015
- Conducted awareness programme on NBA for HoDs and faculty of NERISTon 27-3-2014.
- Chairman, International Symposium on Aspects of Mechanical Engineering Technology for Industry, AMETI 2014, NERIST, Itanagar, India, December 2014.
- Chairman, Doctoral Committee for four Ph.D. scholars of ME Dept., since 2014
- Member, DC committee of AE Dept. NERIST, 2012-14
- Research Coordinator, M.Tech and Ph.D. Dept. of Mechanical Engg, NERIST from September to till date.