Research: (Last Two Years)
- Area of research
- Recent Publication
- Sponsored projects/Consultancy
|Area of research||Faculty|
|Electrical Machine||Prof. S. Gao, Dr. A. K. Singh, Mr. A. K. Parida, Mr. A. Sharma|
|Power Quality||Prof. S. Gao, Mr. M. D. Singh, Dr. A. K. Singh, Mr. A. K. Das|
|Control Engineering||Prof. S. K. Bhagat, Prof. R. K. Mehta, Mr. R. Blange, Mr. T. V. P. Singh, Ms. P. Das|
|High Voltage Engineering||Prof. S. Chatterjee, Mr. A. K. Das|
|Non Conventional Energy||Prof. S. Gao, Mr. R. Blange, Dr. A. K. Singh, Mr. N. L. Meitei, Mr. P. D. Singh|
|Power Electronics||Mr. T. V. P. Singh, Mr. A. K. Parida, Mr. M. D. Singh, Mr. A. Sharma|
|Micro-processor||Prof. O. P. Roy|
|Instrumentation||Prof. O. P. Roy, Ms. S. Hashunao, Ms. P. Das|
|Power System||Prof. S. Chatterjee, Mr. A. K. Das, Ms. S. Hashunao, Mr. P. D. Singh|
|VLSI||Mr. T. V. P. Singh|
- Rinchin W. Mosobi, Toko Chichi and Sarsing Gao, “Power quality analysis of hybrid renewable energy system” Cogent Engineering, Taylor and Francis, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 1-15, 2015.
- Saibal Chatterjee, “Simulation of lightning impulse residual voltage test of surge arresters in Matlab Simulink”, IEEE ICPDEN pp. 1-6, Jan. 2015.
- Saibal Chatterjee, “Analysis of the effect of Electric field due to High Voltage Transmission Lines on Humans”, IEEE ICPDEN pp. 1-6, Jan. 2015.
- Sarsing Gao, G. Bhuvaneswari, S. S. Murthy and Ujjwal Kalla, “Efficient voltage regulation scheme for three-phase self-excited induction generator feeding single-phase load in remote locations”, IET Renewable Power Generation, vol. 8, issue 2, pp. 100-108, 2014.
- S. K. Bhagat, Binod Rai and Amresh Kumar, “GA based Internal Model Controller design for load frequency control in power system vis reduced order model”, Intl. J. of Eng. Sci. Invention, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 17-26, 2014.
- Kaveri Bhuyan and Saibal Chatterjee, “Electric Stresses on Transformer Winding Insulation under Standard and Non-Standard Impulse Voltages”, Journal of Electric Power Systems Research, Elsevier, 2014 – accepted for publication.
- Load Tapin and R. K. Mehta, “An Integral with Feed forward Control for Primary Load Frequency Control Loop using Pole-placement Design,” Intl Conf. on Electrical, Electronics & Instr. Eng., Jan., 2014.
- Rajen Pudur and Sarsing Gao, “Performance of Savonius rotor on different aspect ratio for hydropower generation”, IEEE ICPDEN, pp. 1-6, Jan. 2015.
- Rinchin W. Mosobi, Toko Chichi and Sarsing Gao, “Modeling and power quality analysis of integrated renewable energy system” IEEE NPSC, pp. 1-6, Dec. 2014.
- Rajen Pudur and Sarsing Gao, “Savonius rotor based hydropower generation”, Proc. AMETI 2014, vol.2, pp. 104-111, 2014.
- S. K. Bhagat, Binod Rai and Amresh Kumar, “Load frequency control in power systems via GA based IMC and model order reduction”, IEEE ICRAIE, May 9-11, Jaipur, India, 2014.
- Amresh Kumar and S. K. Bhagat, “Voltage stability anaylysis using Lyapunov energy function”, IEEE ICPDEN, pp. 1-6, Jan. 2015.
- Saibal Chatterjee, “Simulation of Synchronous Reference Frame PLL based Grid Connected Inverter for Photovoltaic Application”, IEEE ICPDEN, pp. 1-6, Jan. 2015.
- Bhuyan, K. Bhuyan and Saibal Chatterjee, "Vulnerability analysis and PMUs as next generation protection system in Smart Grid," IEEE PEDES, vol., no., pp.1-5, Dec. 2014.
- R. K. Mehta, Likha Jully and Lod Tapin, “Extended State Estimator Based Two Area Load Frequency Control,” IEEE ICPDEN, pp. 1-6, Jan. 2015.
- A. K. Singh, O. P. Roy and H. K. Singh, “Power System Disturbances identification Using Variance of wavelet Coefficients”, Proc. AMETI, Vol.1, pp. 416-421, Dec.’2014.
- O. P. Roy, A. K. Singh, et al, “Reactive Power Control by Using STATCOM”, Proc. AMETI, Vol.1, pp. 416-421, Dec.’2014.
- Rajen Pudur and Sarsing Gao, “Single phase power for remote area using Savonius rotor based hydropower generation”, IEEE ICEPE 2015 - accepted.
- Mosobi Rinchin W. and Gao Sarsing, “Modeling and simulation of integrated renewable energy sources feeding three-phase load”, accepted and presented in IEEE ICEPE 2015.
- Kamal Jyoti Gogoi and Saibal Chatterjee, “Modelling and Study of Steady State Analysis and Fault Parameters in 400 kV and 220kV Buses of Indian North Eastern Regional Grid”, IEEE ICEPE 2015 - Presented
- Radak Blange, “MPPT of Solar Photovoltaic Cell Using Perturb & Observe and Fuzzy Logic controller Algorithm for Buck-Boost DC-DC Converter”, IEEE ICEPE 2015 - presented.
- A. K. Parida, “An Improved Rotor Speed and Position Computation Scheme for Grid-Isolated Operation of DFIG”, IEEE ICEPE 2015- presented.
- A. K. Parida, “A Novel Control Scheme for Standalone DFIG Based WECS with Cogeneration Topology”, IEEE ICEPE 2015 - presented
|No||Project Title||Name of P.I./Co-P.I.||Duration||Funding Agency||Amount|
|1||R&D project entitled, ‘Study of Non-parametric Estimation Using Wavelet Transform sponsored by MHRD, Government of India||PI: Dr. S. Chatterjee||MHRD||Rs. 9.50 lakhs|
|2||FIST (Fund for Improvement of S&T) project to strengthen the PG Teaching and Research in Electrical Engineering Department||Dr. Saibal Chatterjee||DST, Ministry of S&T, GOI||75.6 lakh|