The Department of ECE was established in the year 1985. The first batch of intake was taken in the year 1986. The department of Electronics & Communication Engineering is now meeting the requirement of technological challenges & the technical man power requirement through its updated course curriculum, experienced faculty members, skilled supporting staffs, and with the help of sophisticated laboratories. The department has expertise in the areas of Optical Fiber Communication, DSP & Embedded systems, Microelectronics, Instrumentation, VLSI, Computer Networking, Information Security, Wireless Communication, Microwave Engineering etc. The Department has dedicated faculty members, engaged to enhance the knowledge, skill & talents of the students.
(A) Base/Certificate Course(Equivalent to 10+2 level) :
(B) Undergraduate :
- Diploma in Electronics and Communication Engineering
- B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering
(C) Post Graduate :
Vision of the Department :
To impart quality education for producing technical professionals with ethics and social values by developing and maintaining pace with rapidly evolving state-of- the-art technologies, to excel in research and developmental activities in emerging areas.
Mission of the Department : (“To see our vision come true”)
- Fundamentals: To impart the fundamentals of electronics and communication engineering in order to make competent engineering professionals through innovative modular pattern.
- Quality: To produce globally competitive, creative, ethical, scientific and technical man power possessing good communication skill with particular reference to the North Eastern Region, considering stakeholder’s interest in view.
- Academic Excellence: To have an association with institutions of repute for academic excellence and man power development.
- Guidance: To equip the graduates with a broad intellectual spectrum in order to prepare them for diverse and competitive carrier paths focused on acquiring higher education.
- Professional Awareness: To provide a congenial ambience to promote R&D activity which assists to cope with the recent advancements in the field of electronics and communication engineering.