Dr. Meera Yadav
Purification, characterization and applications of Metalloenzymes- Lignin peroxidase, Mn-peroxidase, Laccase and Chloroperoxidase, isolation of fungal strains producing ligninolytic enzymes, their structural-functional studies using X-ray crystallography, spectroscopic and fast reaction kinetic techniques. Use of enzymes in synthetic inorganic and organic chemistry.
e-mail: my[AT] nerist(dot)ac(dot)in, drmeerayadav[AT]rediffmail(dot)com, drmeerayadav1[AT]gmail(dot)com
Phone(EPBX/Office):2257401 - 410 extn. 6122 (off)
- Professional Background
- Honors and Awards
- Educational Details
- Administrative Background
- Sponsored Research Projects
- Memberships in Professional bodies
- Teaching Engagements
- Projects and Thesis Supervised/ Currently Supervising
- PHDs Supervised
- Participation in short term courses
|Jan 06, 2015||Till date||Assistant Professor||NERIST, Nirjuli, Itanagar.|
|Oct 21, 2013||Jan 03, 2015||DST-Woman Scientist (WOS-A)||DDU Gorakhpur University|
|July, 2012||Oct 19, 2013||Guest Faculty||MMM Technical University, Gorakhpur|
|May 19,2009||May 18,2012||UGC-Dr D S Kothari Post doctoral Fellow||DDU Gorakhpur University|
|April 16,2005||April 15, 2008||DST-Woman Scientist (WOS-A)||DDU Gorakhpur University|
|Oct 03, 2000||Oct 02,2003||CSIR- SRF||DDU Gorakhpur University|
|Fellow Award 2013 from Society for Applied Biotechnology (INDIA).||DDU Gorakhpur University||2013|
|DST-Woman Scientist (WOS-A)||DDU Gorakhpur University||2013|
|UGC- Dr D S Kothari Postdoctoral Fellow||DDU Gorakhpur University||2009|
|DST-Woman Scientist (WOS-A)||DDU Gorakhpur University||2005|
|CSIR- SRF||DDU Gorakhpur University||2000|
|Ph.D||Chemistry||DDU Gorakhpur University||2003|
|M.Sc||Chemistry||DDU Gorakhpur University||1997|
|B.Sc||Chemistry, Botany,Zoology||DDU Gorakhpur University||1994|
|Intermediate||English, Hindi, Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.||K V Kalaikunda No.1 (WB)||1991|
|High School||English, Hindi, Maths, Science and Social studies.||K V Kalaikunda No.1 (WB)||1989|
|March 2015||Till date||Chemistry Lab II incharge||Dept of Chemistry, NERIST|
|Mn-peroxidase from Musa paradisiaca stem juice.||DST-New Delhi||2013|
|Coal depolymerising enzymes from indigenous fungi: Identification, Purification and application.||UGC-New Delhi||2009|
|Semi-solid state cultivation, purification and biotechnological applications of ligninperoxidase from the fungal strains Gleophyllum striatum, Hexagona tenuis, Lenzites betulina, Lenzites sepiaria , and Loweporus lividus||DST- New Delhi||2005|
|Isolation, characterization and biotechnological applications of ligninperoxidase from Pleurotus sajor caju.||CSIR-New Delhi||2000|
- Indian council of Chemist LF/1544
- Indian Society of Chemists and Biologists LF/105/2010
Ongoing Project: DST File no. SR/WOS-A/CS-138/2012 Title: Mn-peroxidase from Musa paradisiaca stem juice.
|Topic||Scholar Name||Status of PHD||Registration Year|
ISOLATION, PURIFICATION AND APPLICATIONS OF VERSATILE PEROXIDASE FROM EDIBLE FRUITS AND VEGETABLES.
Awarded Sept, 2022
|Course Name||Sponsored By||Date|
|Short term course and training on Bioinformatical Approaches for Protein Sequences Analyses and Structure Predictions. BIF, COEBI, Dept. of Biochemistry, University of Lucknow, Lucknow.|| DBT-New Delhi
And Dept. of Higher Education, UP
|Feb 8-9, 2013.|
|Short term programme on Induction Training. NERIST, Nirjuli, Itanagar.||NITTTR-Kolkata||Sept 11-20, 2015|
|4th INDEST User Convention (E-journals User Training Workshop) NERIST, Nirjuli, Itanagar.||AICTE-INDEST User Committee, NERIST||Aug 22-23, 2015 and Oct 31, 2015.|
- Shilpa Saikia, Rahul Deep Gogoi, Meera Yadav and Hardeo Singh Yadav “Isolation, purification and characterization of peroxidase from Raphanus sativus and its applications in biotransformation of cresols”. Biocatalysis and Agricultural Biotechnology,(2022)46:102540.
- Shilpa Saikia, Meera Yadav, Rohida Amin Hoque, and Hardeo Singh Yadav “Bioremediation mediated by manganese peroxidase – An overview” Biocatalysis and Biotransformation, (2022)1-13. https://doi.org/10.1080/10242422.2022.2113517
- Takio Nene, Meera Yadav and Hardeo Singh Yadav “Plant catalase in silico characterization and phylogenetic analysis with structural modeling” Journal of Genetic Engineering and Biotechnoloy, (2022) 20:125. https://doi.org/10.1186/s43141-022-00404-6
- Anindita Hazarika, Meera Yadav, Dinesh Kumar Yadav and Hardeo Singh Yadav, “An overview of the role of nanoparticles in sustainable agriculture” Biocatalysis and Agricultural Biotechnology, 43(2022) 102399.
- Debashis Bora, Nene Takio, Dencil Basumatatry, Bidhayalaxmi, Meera Yadav and Hardeo Singh Yadav, “A peroxidase biomimetic system based on CeO2 nanoparticles” J of Water Chemistry and Technology, 2022, Vol. 44, No. 3, pp. 216–224.
- Basumatary Dencil, Yadav Hardeo Singh and Yadav Meera, The Role of Peroxidases in the Bioremediation of Organic Pollutants, The Natural Products Journal 2022; 12 : e100422203351 . https://dx.doi.org/10.2174/2210315512666220410132847
- Jitendra Kumar Sharma, Meera Yadav, Anindita Hazarika,Hardeo Singh Yadav, Nene Takio, Sadia Ameen,Pratibha Srivastava, M. Shaheer Akhtar “Influence of CeO2 nanoparticles synthesized from plant extracts on the catalytic performance of isolated catalase from carrots”. Emergent Materials https://doi.org/10.1007/s42247-022-00346-2, 2022
- Takio Nene, Meera Yadav (2021) Scope and Importance of Biological Chemistry. Meera Yadav & Hardeo Singh Yadav (Eds.), Biochemistry: Fundamental and Bioenergetics (pp 1-32), Bentham Science Publishers, UAE.
- Takio Nene, Meera Yadav (2021) Electrostatic and Vander waals forces. Meera Yadav & Hardeo Singh Yadav (Eds.), Biochemistry: Fundamental and Bioenergetics (pp 55-72), Bentham Science Publishers, UAE.
- Takio Nene, Meera Yadav (2021) Introduction to physical techniques for determination of structure of biopolymers. Meera Yadav & Hardeo Singh Yadav (Eds.), Biochemistry: Fundamental and Bioenergetics (pp 90-117), Bentham Science Publishers, UAE.
- Takio Nene, Meera Yadav (2021) Fundamentals of thermodynamics: Principal applicable to biological process. Meera Yadav & Hardeo Singh Yadav(Eds.), Biochemistry: Fundamental and Bioenergetics (pp 323-359), Bentham Science Publishers, UAE. ISBN ISBN: 978-1-68108-847-1
- Anindita Hazarika , Shilpa Saikia , Bidyalaxmi Devi , Meera Yadav , Hardeo Singh Yadav “Oxidoreductase metalloenzymes as green catalyst for phytoremediation of environmental pollutants” in book entitled “Phytoremediation Technology for the Removal of Heavy Metals and Other Contaminants from Soil and Water”, ISBN 9780323857635, 2021, Elsevier Science.
- Nene Takio, Meera Yadav and Hardeo Singh Yadav “ Catalase-mediated remediation of Environmental pollutants and potential application-A review”, Biocatalysis and Biotransformation, vol. 39, no. 6, 389–407,2021.https://doi.org/10.1080/10242422.2021.1932838.
- Nene Takio, Meera Yadav, Mridusmita Burman and Hardeo Singh Yadav, “Purification, characterisation, immobilization and kinetic studies of catalase from a novel source sechium edule”, Int. J of chemical kinetics, DOI: 10.1002/kin.21468, 1-15, (2020).
- Nivedita Rai, Meera Yadav & Hardeo Singh Yadav, “Purification and characterisation of versatile peroxidase from citrus sinensis leaf extract and its application in green chemistry”, Analytical chemistry letters, DOI:10.1080/22297928.2020.1833751, 10:4, 524-536, (2020).
- Meera Yadav, Dencil Basumatary, Parag Nath and Hardeo Singh Yadav, “Catalytic biotransformations and inhibition study of Peroxidase from Luffa aegyptiaca”,Current Organocatalysis., DOI 10.2174/2213337207666200211095038, 7, 149-157, (2020).
- Meera Yadav, Nivedita Rai and Hardeo Singh Yadav, “Bioconversion of Lignocellulose materials using different pre-treatment strategies - A review”, Research Journal of Chemistry and Environment., DOI: 10.13140/RG.2.2.33195.46889, 24:12, 167-183,(2020).
- Yadav,M., 2019. Ecofriendly development of environmental sustainability by ligninolytic enzymes article in Kalita, U., Kakati, D., Patgiri, D.(Eds.), Reflection, Purbayon publication, UGC-HRDC Guwahati University, India, pp 228-230. ISBN:978-93-88593-16-8.
- Yadav, M., Yadav, K.S.,Yadav, P., Yadav, D. and Yadav, K.D.S. “ Wide occurrence of manganese peroxidase in plants.” Global Journal of Bioscience and Biotechnology.7(2), 234-238(2018).
- Yadav, M. and Yadav, H. S. “The Role of Peroxidase in the Enzymatic Oxidation of Phenolic compounds to Quinones from Luffa aegyptiaca (gourd) fruit juice.” Green chemistry letters and reviews. 10,154-161 (2017).
- Yadav, M., Yadav,S., Yadav, D. and Yadav, K.D.S.”In- silico analysis of Manganese Peroxidases from different fungal sources”.Current Proteomics. 14(3), 201-213.DOI: 10.2174/1570164614666170203165022 (2017).
- Rai, N., Yadav, M. and Yadav, H. S. “Manganese peroxidase from Luffa acutangula fruit juice”. Current Biochemical Engineering. Vol 4(3), DOI: 10.2174/2212711904666170117143442 188-193(6) (2017).
- Yadav, M., Yadav, H.S. and Rai, N. ” Enzymatic Characterisation of Lignin peroxidase from Luffa aegyptiaca fruit juice.”Am J of Plant Science. 7, 649-656, (2016).
- Yadav, M. and Yadav, H. S. “Applications of ligninolytic enzymes to pollutants, wastewater, dyes, soil, coal, paper and polymers.” Environ Chem Letts. 13, 309-318, (2015).
- Yadav, M., Singh, S.K., Yadava, S. and Yadav, K.D.S “Biofuel Production by Lignolytic enzymes” in a book series entitled “Energy Science and Technology”. Edited by Prof. U C Sharma, Shiva Kumar and Ram Prasad volume 3. Studium Press LLC, USA, Pp 475-494. (2015).
- Yadav, M., Singh, S.K. and Yadav, K.D.S. “Lignolytic Enzymes for Water Depollution, Coal Breakdown and Paper Industry.” in a book entitled “CO2 sequestration, Biofuels and Depollution” in a series of “Environmental chemistry for a Sustainable World”. Vol 5. DOI 10.1007/978-3-319-11906-9_10. pp 359-376. E.Lichtfouse et al. (eds). Springer International Publishing Switzerland Jan 14, (2015).
- Yadav,M., Singh, S.K. and Yadava, S. “Coal depolymerizing activity from Indigenous fungi”. International conference proceedings. Acta Biologica Indica, 2(2):444-450© (2013).
- Yadav,P., Yadav, M., Yadav, K.D.S., Sharma, J. K. and Singh, V.K. “Purification of Chloroperoxidase from Musa paradisiaca stem juice.” International Journal of Chemical Kinetics, DOI 10.1002/kin.20746, pp 92-100, (2013).
- Yadav,M., Singh, S.K. and Yadava, S. “Purification, Characterisation and coal depolymerising activity of lignin peroxidase from Lenzitus betulina MTCC – 1183”. Appl. Biochem and Microbiology. 48, No.6, 583-589, (2012).
- Yadav,P., Singh, V.K., Yadav, M., Singh, S.K. and Yadav, K.D.S. “Purification and characterization of Mn-peroxidase from Musa paradisiaca (banana) stem juice.” Indian Journal of Biochem and Biophysics, 49, 42-48, (2012).
- Yadav,M., Singh, S.K., Yadava, S. and Yadav, K.D.S. “Coal depolymerisation and haloperoxidase activity of Mn-peroxidase from Fomes durissimus MTCC-1173.” Bioinorganic Chemistry and Application Vol. 2011. Article ID 260802, 8 pages doi:10.1155/2011/260802. (2011)
- Yadav, M., Sharma, J.K., Singh, S.K. and Yadav, K.D.S. “Oxidation of polyaromatic hydrocarbons in system containing organic solvent by ligninperoxidase from Gleophyllum striatum MTCC- 1117”. Environmental Technology. 32, 1287-1294, (2011).
- Sharma, J.K., Yadav, M., Singh, N.P. and Yadav, K.D.S. “Purification and Characterisation of ligninperoxidase from Pycnoporus sanguineus MTCC – 137”.Appl. Biochem and Microbiology. 47, 532-537 (2011).
- Yadav, M., Yadav, K.S., Singh, S.K. and Yadav, K.D.S. “Purification of ligninperoxidase from Hexagona tenuis MTCC – 1119 and its kinetic properties in aqueous medium containing miscible organic solvents.” Indian Journal of Chemistry (Sec-B) Vol. 49B, No.4, 489-494, (2010).
- Yadav, P., Singh, V.K., Yadav, M. and Yadav, K.D.S. “Purification of lignin peroxidase from the juice of Musa paradisiacal stem”. Oriental Journal of Chemistry, 25, 1113- 1116, (2009).
- Yadav, M., Yadav, P. and Yadav, K.D.S. “Purification and Characterisation of ligninperoxidase from Loweporus lividus MTCC – 1178”. Eng. in life Sciences 9, 124 - 129, (2009).
- Yadav,M., Yadav, P. and Yadav, K.D.S. “Characterisation and coal depolymerizing activity of ligninperoxidase from Lenzitus seperia MTCC – 1170”. Biochemistry (Moscow). 74, No. 10. 1125-1131, (2009).
- Yadav, M., Singh, S.K. and Yadav K.D.S. “Purification and Characterisation of ligninperoxidase from Pleurotus sajor caju”. Journal of wood Chemistry and Technology. 29, 59-74 (2009).
- Yadav, M. and Yadav, K.S. “Decolorization of pulp and paper mill effluent by Pleurotus sajor caju.” Journal of Environmental Science and Engineering. 50, 89-92 (2008).
- Yadav, M. and Yadav, K.D.S. “Structural and functional aspects of lignolytic enzymes” Chapter in a book entitled “Lignocellulose Biotechnology: Future Prospects”. I.K. International Pvt. Ltd. New Delhi pp 63-88 (2007).
- Yadav, M. and Yadav, K.D.S “Enzymatic characteristics of ligninperoxidase by Penicillium citrinum, Fusarium oxysporum and Aspergillus terreus using n-propanol as the substrate” Indian J. of Biochem.& Biophy., 43, 48-51 (2006).
- Yadav, M., Yadav, R.S.S. and Yadav, K.D.S. “Secretion of ligninperoxidase by Penicillium citrinum, Fusarium oxysporum and Aspergillus terreus,” Indian J. of Expt. Biol., 40, 802-806 (2002).
- Shanmugam, V., Yadav, M and Yadav, K.D.S. “n-propanol as a substrate for assaying the ligninperoxidase activity of Phanerochaete chrysosporium,” Indian J. of Biochem and Biophys, 36, 39-43 (1999).
- Patent: Chloroperoxidase from Musa Paradisiaca. (in press). Ref No. 2988/DEL/2012 dated 25/09/2012 16:47:15”.
Seminar and Symposia participated and attended
- International Seminar on “Emerging trends in Biotechnology Dec 4 – 6, 2009. Venue: IT-BHU, Varanasi.
- International Seminar on “ Chemical Biology For Discovery: perspectives and Challenges” Jan 15 – 18, 2010.Venue: CDRI - Lucknow.
- World Congress on Biotechnology 2012, May 4-6, 2012. Venue: Leonia International Convention Centre, Hyderabad, A.P., India.
- International Conference on Environmental Impact on Human Health and Therapeutic Challenges, 6th Annual Convention of Association of Biotechnology and Pharmacy (ABAP) 2012. Venue: Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati, A.P
- International Conference on Chemistry and Materials Prospects and Perspectives (ICCMPP-2012), Dec 14-16, 2012. Venue: Dept. of Applied Chemistry, School for Physical Sciences, Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University, Lucknow.
- International Conference on Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (ICNN-2013), Nov 18-20, 2013. Venue: Dept. of Physics, School for Physical Sciences, Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University, Lucknow.
- International Conference on Biodiversity, Bioresources and Biotechnology, Jan 30-31, 2014. Venue: The Quoram Hotel, Mysore, Karnataka.
- International Conference on Chemistry and Medicinal Plants in Translational Medicine for Healthcare, March 1-4, 2014. Venue: Department of Chemistry, University of Delhi.
- Asian Plant Science Conference, Nov 1-3, 2014. Venue: Hotel Nirvana, Bhairahawa, Nepal.
- Peroxidase catalysed organic transformations within green chemistry domain, HS Yadav, DencilBasumatary, Parag Kumar Nath and MeeraYadav. International conference on “Emerging Trends in Chemical Sciences (ICETCS)” Feb 24-25, 2018, DDU Gorakhpur University.
- Enzymatic oxidation of polyaromatic hydrocarbons compounds from citrus maxima leaf extract.NiveditaRai and MeeraYadav.International conference on “Emerging Trends in Chemical Sciences (ICETCS)” Feb 24-25, 2018, DDU Gorakhpur University.
- Exploration of catalase enzyme activity from plant sources in North Eastern Region of India. International conference on “Emerging Trends in Chemical Sciences (ICETCS)”.Takio Nene,MeeraYadav and Hardeo Singh Yadav.Feb 24-25, 2018, DDU Gorakhpur University.
- Study of catalase enzyme activity from Chayote squash species. International conference on “Frontiers in chemical sciences (FICS)”. Takio Nene, Meera Yadav and Hardeo Singh Yadav. Dec 6-8, 2018, Dept. of Chemistry, IIT Guwahati.
- Catalytic Biotransformations And Inhibition Study of Peroxidase Modern Trends in Inorganic Chemistry- Dec11, Dec13, 2019.Dept. of Chemistry, IIT Guwahati. International (within country) 2019-12-14
- Oxidoreductase-Metalloenzyme: catalysis in green chemistry domain 10th Edition of Global Conference on Catalysis, Chemical Engineering and Technology” Conference held on March 28-30, 2022-02-28
Key role of catalase enzyme in catalysis “12th Edition of Global Conference on Catalysis, Chemical Engineering & Technology” Conference held on September 05-07, 2022
Catalytic biotransformations by peroxidases“13th Edition of International Conference on Catalysis, Chemical Engineering and Technology” Conference held on October 21-22, 2022
- National Seminar on “Heterocyclic Chemistry – New Dimensions”March 18-20, 2001. Venue : Deptt. of Chemistry, DDU Gorakhpur University, Gorakhpur.
- National Seminar on “Thermodynamics and Reaction Dynamics” March 23 – 25, 2003 Venue : Deptt. of Chemistry, DDU Gorakhpur University, Gorakhpur.
- Harnarain Lal Memorial National Seminar on “Some Concepts as function of molecular structure” Jan 9 – 10, 2005 Venue : Deptt. of Chemistry, M G P G College, Gorakhpur.
- National Seminar on “ Biological Chemistry: Advancing Frontiers” March 22 –23, 2005 Venue : Deptt. of Chemistry, DDU Gorakhpur University, Gorakhpur.
- National Seminar on “Recent Advances in Chemical Sciences” March 28 – 29, 2007. Venue : Deptt. of Chemistry, DDU Gorakhpur University, Gorakhpur.
- Sensitization workshop on DST’s Women Scientists scheme (WOS-A) June 20 21,2007.Venue : Sugarcane Research Station,Kunraghat, Gorakhpur.
- DSA seminar in Chemistry March 13-14, 2008. Venue : Deptt. of Chemistry, DDU Gorakhpur University, Gorakhpur.
- National Seminar on “Emerging trends in Chemical Sciences” September 26 27, 2008.Venue : Deptt. of Chemistry, DDU Gorakhpur University, Gorakhpur.
- National Seminar on “Thermodynamics of living and non-living systems” Dec 17 – 18, 2009. Venue: Deptt. of Chemistry, DDU Gorakhpur University, Gorakhpur.
- National Seminar on “Frontier areas of Chemical Sciences” March 20-21, 2010. Venue: Deptt. Of Chemistry, St. Andrew’s College, Gorakhpur.
- National Seminar on “Computational Chemistry –Current Prospectives” March 14 – 15, 2011. Venue: Deptt. of Chemistry, DDU Gorakhpur University,Gorakhpur.
- National Seminar on “Biotechnology for Sustainable Development” Nov 15-17, 2011.Venue: Deptt. of Biotechnology, DDU Gorakhpur University, Gorakhpur.
- XXX Annual conference of “Indian Council of Chemists” Dec 28-30, 2011. Venue: Deptt. of Chemistry, Osmania University, Hyderabad.
- Workshop on DST-Woman Sencitization 2012, Aug 13, 2012. Venue: Dept. of Botany, DDU Gorakhpur University, Gorakhpur.
- National Workshop on Nanaotechnology and its Applications (Jan 18-20, 2013). Venue: Dept. of Applied Sciences, MMM Engineering College, Gorakhpur.
- First U.P Science Congress March 2-4, 2013. Venue: DDU Gorakhpur University,Gorakhpur.
- National Symposium on Chemistry and Environment (NSCE-2013). March 15-16, 2013. Venue: Department of Chemistry, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi.
- National Seminar on Current Perspectives in Chemical Sciences Research, March 26, 2014.Venue: Department of Chemistry, DDU Gorakhpur University, Gorakhpur.
- Enzymatic oxidation of phenolic compounds to quinones from Luffa aegyptiaca(gourd) fruit juice. Nivedita Rai and Meera Yadav. Symposium on “Recent Advancements in Environmental Research [RAER 2017]” on 5th June, 2017 at IIT Guwahati.
- CeO2 Nanoparticle As An Emerging Catalase Mimicking Activity Indian Science Congress, Jan03 to Jan07, 2020.University of Agriculture, Bangalore National 2020-01-06
Invited lecture on “Molecular symmetry” on 21.10.2011 Invited lecture on “Molecular symmetry” on 21.10.2011 State/University 2011-10-21
Invited lecture on “Molecular vibration” on 01.12.2012 Invited lecture on “Molecular vibration” on 01.12.2012.MPPG College, Gorakhpur State/University 2012-12-01