EDUCATION TECHNOLOGY CELL
The ET cell has been established as a project sponsored by the MHRD, Govt. of India with an objective to increase the effectiveness of teaching-learning process with the help of modern audio-visual equipment and Information and Communication Technology(ICT). Presently, the cell mainly manages and maintain the Internet Connectivity to the Institute, Local Area Network(LAN), Wi-Fi LAN, and Server Firm, and different Services. The Cell consists of processing laboratory, seminar room, and board room that are well equipped with the state of art audio-visual equipment. These are used for Seminars, Conferences, Workshops and special lectures by faculty members and professionals from institutions and industries.
- Services By ET Cell :
- Activities during 2015-16
- Activities during 2016-17
- Managing/maintaining the 1Gbps Internet Connectivity to the Institute provided by NKN ISP(Internet Service Provider).
- LAN Connectivity to all the 12 Academic Departments/Centers, 9 Hostels, Offices, and the Schools in the campus.
- Wifi LAN Connectivity to Hostels and Residential Areas.
- E-mail Services to Students, Research Scholars, Faculties and Staff.
- Locally Hosting and maintaining the Institute Web Servers.
- ET Cell also houses a number high end Servers which facilitates number of Services as: Hyper-V Virtual Platform, DNS, DHCP, Active Directory, RADIOUS, Microsoft SCCM, etc.
- Wi-Fi LAN of Residential areas are upgraded with high end devices. Wifi Controller upgraded from ZD 1000 to ZD 3000(with redundancy) and 30 Access Points are deployed to cover the Residential areas.
- Active Directory Server deployed with redundancy for Centrally management of Internet/Intranet Users. Active Directory also facilitates single Sign on for multiple systems.
- User base Internet Access integrated which facilitates only authorized user of NERIST campus LAN can access Internet
- Radius Server deployed which facilitates only authorized user can connect to Wi-Fi.
- Renewed the Licence of Wi-Fi System of NERIST Campus for next three years.
- Number of Wi-Fi APs of UG Girls Hostel increased from 6 to 24 numbers and deployed the same for better coverage of Wi-Fi signal.
- Renewed the Microsoft Campus Agreement Licences for 300 FTE users for One Year
- Upgraded the Mail Server “Zimbra Server ZCS 8.6.0” to “Zimbra Server ZCS 8.7.1” and migrated to a high capacity Virtual Machine of Windows Hyper-V node.
- Developed the new official Website of NERIST which was launched by Director(I/c), NERIST, on 23rd August, 2016. Along with Website a full featured CMS(Content Management System) also developed to ease the website content management process.
- Established a 100 Mbps ISP link from RailTel, which facilitates backup of primary NKN ISP Link.
- Successfully conducted Online Counselling and Admission process of NEE 2017.
- Deployed 50 Nos of Desktop PCs at ACCF for conducting online Interviews/Exams