Dr. Pradeep K. Tripathy
Synthetic Organic Chemistry, Heterocycles/2-Oxazolin-5-ones as synthons
e-mail: pkt [AT] nerist(dot)ac(dot)in,
Phone(EPBX/Office):2257401 - 410 extn. 6124 (off)
- Professional Background
- Honors and Awards
- Educational Details
- Administrative Background
- Teaching Engagements
- Participation in short term courses
|1986||1988||Post Graduate Teacher||KendriyaVidyalaya, Sangathan, Patna|
|CSIR-JRF||CSIR, New Delhi||1982-84|
|CSIR-SRF||CSIR, New Delhi||1984-86|
|Nominated Chartered Chemists||The Institution of Chemists, India|
|M.Sc.||Organic Chemistry||BHU, Varanasi||1981|
|2001||November, 2005.||Head, Department of Chemistry||NERIST|
|21/05/2009||17/7/2012||HOD, Chemistry (2nd time)||NERIST|
|March 15, 2008||May 2009||Controller, Store and Purchase||NERIST|
|2013||Till date||Dean (Academic)||NERIST|
|Engineering Chemistry I||CY-3201||Diploma||II|
|Applied Chemistry IA||CY5101||Degree||I|
|Organic Chemistry I||CY-7102||PG (Ist year)||I|
|Organic Chemistry II||CY7202||PG (1st year)||II|
|Stereochemistry and reaction mechanism||CY8005||PG (2nd year)||I|
|Organic Photochemistry||CY8013||PG (2nd year)||I|
|Heterocyclic Chemistry||CY8018||PG (2nd year)||II|
|Course Name||Sponsored By||Date|
|Food Processes and Preservation Technology.||Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kharagpur||June 01 –15, 1992|
|Science and Technology of Advanced Materials||Department of Metallurgy, Institute of Technology (IT), BHU, Varanasi-221005.||May 17-30, 1994|
|Induction Training for Teachers||NERIST, Nirjuli-791109, Arunachal Pradesh.||November 18-20, 1994 at|
|Applications of Computers in Chemical Sciences and Engineering||SantLongowal Institute of Engineering and Technology (SLIET), Longowal-148 106, Punjab.||May 28- June 08, 2001 at|
|Impact of Agricultural Infra-structures on Economic Development in a State.||NERIST, Nirjuli-791 109, Arunachal Pradesh||October 20-21, 2001|
|IT Applications in Library and Information Management.||NERIST, Nirjuli-791 109, Arunachal Pradesh||November 11-22, 2002|
|Mechanical Engineering Design: A Concurrent Engineering Approach||NERIST, Nirjuli-791 109, Arunachal Pradesh.||December 2-13, 2002|
|Translating Ideas into Products and Patents||NERIST, Nirjuli-791 109, Arunachal Pradesh.||February 17-28, 2003|
|Integrated Management Programmes for Effective Management of Technical Institutions at||NERIST, Nirjuli, Arunachal Pradesh.||23- July 5,2003|
|Staff Development Programme on INDUCTION TRAINING.||NERIST, Nirjuli, Arunachal Pradesh.||23- July 5,2003|
|Self Employment Generation||NERIST, Nirjuli, Arunachal Pradesh.||March 22- 26, 2004|
|National workshop on “GREEN CHEMISTRY”.||Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati, Sponsored by Department of Science and Technology, New Delhi||February 25- 26, 200|
- A rapid synthesis of 2-acyl (aroyl) amino-3-aryl-2-alkenoic acids and their anilides, P. K.Tripathy and A. K. Mukerjee, Chem. Ind. (London), (1983)863.
- A fast synthesis of 2-acylamino-2-alkenoic acids, P. K. Tripathy and A. K.Mukerjee, Synthesis, (1984) 418.
- A Facile synthesis of N-substituted 2-acylamino-2-alkenamides, P. K. Tripathyand A. K. Mukerjee, Synthesis, (1985)285.
- Cyclisation of N-substituted 2-acyamino-2-alkenamides: some observations,P.K. Tripathyand A. K. Mukerjee, Indian J. Chem., 25B, (1986)765.
- Reactions of 4-anilinomethylene and 4-ethoxymethylene-2-phenyl-2-oxazolin-5-ones, P. K.Tripathy and A. K. Mukerjee, Indian J. Chem., 25B, (1986)1059.
- A facile synthesis and solvolysis of 4-bis (methylthio)methylene-2-phenyl-2-oxazolin-5-one, P. K. Tripathyand A. K. Mukerjee, Indian J. Chem., 25B, (1986)1275.
- Reaction of 4-ethoxymethylene-2-phenyl-2-oxazolin-5-one with primary amines in the presence of thiols: one-flask synthesis of N-substituted 2-benzoylamino-3-alkylthio-2-propenamides, A. M. Tikdari, P. K. Tripathy and A. K. Mukerjee, Chem. Ind. (London), (1986)823.
- A facile synthesis of 3-acylaminocoumarins, P. K. Tripathy and A. K. Mukerjee,Indian J. Chem., 26B, (1987)61.
- Condensation of 2-phenyl-2-oxazolin-5-one with o-hydroxyacetophenoneimines,P. K. Tripathy and A. K. Mukerjee, Heterocycles, 26, (1987)1517.
- Reaction of 2-phenyl-2-oxazolin-5-one with 3-N-alkyl/arylisatinimes: one-flask synthesis of substituted 3-benzoylamino-2-oxo-1,2-dihydro-quinoline-4- carboxamides, P. K. Tripathy, A. Jain and A. K. Mukerjee, J. Prakt. Chemie. 330, (1988)313.
- Reactions of some 1,3-diaminonucleophiles with azlactones, A. M. Tikdari, P. K. Tripathyand A. K. Mukerjee, J. Chem. Soc. Perkin Trans I, (1988)1659.
- Ring closure mechanism of N-substituted 2-acylamino-2-alkenamides, P. K. Tripathy, ActaCienciaIndica, 16(3), (1990)317.
- A facile synthesis of 2-substituted 4-arylmethylene-2-oxazolin-5-ones, P. K. Tripathy and A. K. Mukerjee, ActaCienciaIndica, 17(1), (1991)85.
- Mixed chelates of some tri-valent lanthanide ions containing (Trans-1,2- cyclohexylenedinitriolo) tetra acetate Norleucinate, B. C. Das, P. K. Tripathy and B. K. Kanungo, Monatshefte Fur Chemie (New York), 122, (1991)341.
- Number of Oxidations: a convenient method for the evaluation of organic oxidation-reduction, P. K. Tripathy and B. K. Kanungo, Chem. Education, 8(1), (1991)30.
- Oxidation Number of organic compounds: a simplest way to recognising and quantifying organic oxidation-reduction, P. K. Tripathy, ActaCienciaIndica, 18C(1), (1992)63.
- Mechanism of the condensation of 2-substituted 2-oxazolin-5-ones with o-Hydroxyaromatic carbonyl compounds and their imines: some corrections, P. K. Tripathy,Indian J. Heterocyclic Chem., 2, (1992)77.
- A facile solvolysis of 4-heteromethylene-2-phenyl-2-oxazolin-5-ones, P. K.Tripathy,J. Inst. Chemists (India), 60 (5), (1996)153.
- Microwave irradiated one flask synthesis of 2, 3-Disubstituted quinazolin-4-ones, P. K.Tripathy, J. Inst. Chemists (India), 75(6), (2003)179. The paper was selected for BestPaper award for the Journal in 2004.
- Benzenesulphonyl chloride as a cyclocondensing agent in one pot synthesis of 3-Substituted 2- methylquinazolin-4-ones, P. K. Tripathy,J. Inst. Chemists (India), 76(1), (2004)6.
- Microwave assisted one pot synthesis of (Z)-1,2-Disubstituted 4-arylmethylene-2- imidazolin–5-ones using solid support in solvent free condition,P. K. Tripathy, Indian J. Heterocyclic Chem., 14, (2004)77.
- Microwave assisted rapid condensation of 2-thiohydantoin/ hydantoin with Schiff bases. P. K. Tripathy,Asian J. Chem., 17(2), (2005)1207.
- A facile and fast one flask synthesis of unsaturated azlactones by microwave activation, P. K Tripathy, Asian J. Chem., 17(3), (2005)2037.
- Microwave Activated Synthesis of 2-Imidazolin-5-ones using Phenyl isothiocyanate as Cyclocondensing Agent, P. K. Tripathy,Asian J. Chem., 19(1), (2007)813.
- Condensation of Unsaturated 2-Oxazolin-5ones with Urea/ Thiourea and Related studies, P. K. Tripathy,J. Inst. Chemists (India), 79(4), (2007)115.
- Condensation of 2-substituted 2-oxazolin-5-ones with o-hydroxyaromatic carbonyl compounds and their imines under microwave activation,P. K. Tripathy,Asian J. Chem.,20 (6),(2008) 4353.
- A fast and facile synthesis of N-substituted-2-acylaminoprop-2-enamides using unsaturated azlactones as synthons, HironmoyeeBaruah, SomadritaBorthakur and P. K. Tripathy, Indian J. of Heterocyclic Chemistry, 24, 2014, 205-208.
- Synthesis of Erlenmeyer Azlactones using arylsulphonyl chloride as cyclocondensing agent, LimiGoswami and P. K. Tripathy, Indian J. of Heterocyclic Chemistry, 24, 2015, 281-282.
- One flask synthesis of esters of the corresponding 3-substituted 2-benzylamino acrylic acids using 2-oxazolin-5-ones as synthons, Md. Mizanur Ahmed, SomadritaBorthakur and P. K. Tripathy, Indian J. of Heterocyclic Chemistry,24, 2015, 371-372.
Paper presented in CONFERENCE / SYMPOSIUM
- Condensation of 2- Sustituted 2-oxazolin-5-ones with o-Hydroxyaromatic carbonyl compounds and their imines under microwave activation, Pradeep K. Tripathy, 50th Annual Technical Session and National Conference on Current Trends of Research in Science and Technology, Gauhati University, Guwahati, held on January 28- 29, 2005.
- Synthesis of Unsaturated Azlactones by Microwave Activation under non-hazardous conditions, Pradeep K. Tripathy, National symposium on Organic Synthesis: New Dimensions, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi- 221 005, held on March 06- 07, 2005.
- A facile and rapid synthesis of 1,2-Disubstituted 4-arylmethylene-2-imidazolin-5-ones using microwave irradiation in dry media, Pradeep K. Tripathy, 93rd session of Indian Science Congress held on January 3- 7, 2006 at Hyderabad.
- Microwave Activated One Flask Synthesis of N-Substituted 3-aroylamino-2-oxo-1,2-dihydroquinoline-4-carboxamides: Isothiocyanate mediated cyclocondensation of -N-acylamino acids with isatin/ N-methylisatin, P. K. Tripathy, 94th session of Indian Science Congress held on January 3- 7, 2007 at Annamalai University, Chidambaram(Tamil Nadu).