Dr. S. Sureshkumar Singh
Biotechnology, Bioinformatics and Natural Product Biology
Phone(EPBX/Office): 0360-2257401-8 extn. 6251
- Professional Background
- Honors and Awards
- Educational Details
- Administrative Background
- Memberships in Professional bodies
- Teaching Engagements
- Projects and Thesis Supervised/ Currently Supervising
- PhDs Supervised
- Participation in short term courses (more than 1 week duration)
- Courses or Conferences Organised
- Papers/Articles in Proceedings
- Papers/Articles/Chapters in edited Books
- Miscellaneous (Publications)
- Research: (Last Two Years)
- Activities (Last Five Years)
|30th Dec, 2014||Present (2016)||Associate Professor||NERIST, Nirjuli|
|13th July, 2006||29th Dec, 2014||Assistant Professor||NERIST, Nirjuli|
|22nd March, 2013||21st Sept, 2013||DBT-National Associate||IBSD, Imphal (Deputation)|
|6th March, 2006||12th July, 2006||DBT-Post Doc. Fellow||IBSD, Imphal|
|30th Oct, 2005||5th March, 2006||SRF (ICAR)||ICAR, Imphal|
|2nd May, 2002||30th August, 2002||DAAD-Fellow||NRC for Env. & Health, Munich, Germany|
|1st April, 2001||31st March, 2003||SRF (CSIR-Direct Award)||NERIST, Nirjuli|
|1st Feb, 1999||30th Sept, 1999||SRF (CSIR-Project)||NERIST, Nirjuli|
|15th Jan, 1997||31st Jan, 1999||JRF (CSIR-Project)||NERIST, Nirjuli|
|1st Nov, 1996||31st Dec, 1996||JRF (DST-Project)||Manipur University|
|“Best Poster Award” of Asian Mycology Congress 7-10th October, 2015, NIO and University of Goa||NERIST, Nirjuli||2015|
|Biotechnology Ignition Grant (BIG-5) by BIRAC (DBT)||NERIST, NIrjuli||2015|
|“DBT-National Associateship” for 6 months at IBSD, Imphal from April to September, 2013||NERIST, Nirjuli||2013|
|“Best Poster Award” of National Symposium on Bioinformatics: Challenges in the Post Genomic Era, held at University of Jammu, on 2nd February, 2012||NERIST, Nirjuli||2012|
|“DBT-Post Doctoral Fellowship” in 2006 Microbial Resources Division, IBSD, Imphal, Manipur||NERIST, Nirjuli||2006|
|“DAAD-Short Research Fellowship” in 2002 and visited 4 months at the German Research Centre for Environment & Health, Neuherberg (Munich), Germany||GRCEH, Munich (www.gsf.de)||2002|
|“Senior Research Fellowship CSIR-Direct Award“ in 2001||NERIST, Nirjuli||2001|
|“Best Exhibition Stall Award” of State Level Exhibition on 24th Statehood Day Celebration-of Arunachal Pradesh, 2010 held at Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh from 20-22nd February, 2010.||NERIST, Nirjuli||2010|
|B.Sc.(H)||Bot (H), Zoo & Chem.||Manipur University||1994|
|M.Sc.||Botany (Plant Biotechnology)||NEHU, Shillong||1996|
|Ph.D.||Botany (Soil Biology)||NEHU, Shillong||2003|
|GATE (XL)||Life Sc. (XL)||IISc Bangalore||1996|
|2009||Present (2016)||Nodal Officer, DeLCON||NERIST, Nirjuli|
|2012||Present (2016)||Member Secretary, INDEST||NERIST, Nirjuli|
Sponsored Research Projects
|Biotechnology Ignition Grant (BIG) on “Development of food colourants and textile dyes from natural pigments of microbial origin” (Principal Investigator/ Innovator)||BIRAC (DBT), Govt. of India (Rs. 25 Lakhs)||18 months (2015-2017)|
|Establishment of DBT-Institute Level Biotech Hub in the Department of Forestry, NERIST (S. S. Singh; Coordinator, 2013-2015).||DBT, Govt. of India (Rs. 39.5 Lakhs)||3 years (2013-2015)|
|Infrastructure developmental Project on Establishment of Bioinformatics Infrastructure Facility (BIF) in the Department of Forestry, NERIST (S. S. Singh; Coordinator, 2008-2017).||DBT, Govt. of India (Rs. 30.5 Lakhs)||8 years (2008-2017)|
|DBT-Electronic Journal Consortium (DeLCON) in Life Sciences and Biotechnology at NERIST (S. Sureshkumar Singh, Nodal Officer).||DBT, Govt. of India (Rs. 90.0 Lakhs/yr Approx.)||7 years (2009-2016)|
|Enhancement of Internet Connectivity with 2mbps Leased Line in Bioinformatics Infrastructure Facility (BIF), Dept. of Forestry, NERIST. (S. Sureshkumar Singh, Nodal Officer).||BCIL, DBT, Govt. of India (Rs. 5.0 Lakhs)||1 year (2010-2011)|
|Online Access Facility of Library Resources for 2 Schools in Arunachal Pradesh (S. Sureshkumar Singh; Coordinator, 2010).||DBT, Govt. of India (Rs. 4.2 Lakhs)||1 year (2010-2011)|
|DBT-Twining Project on Isolation, characterization and identification of natural pigments of food and industrial values from filamentous fungi. [S. Sureshkumar Singh (Project Coordinator & PI, NERIST, Nirjuli); N.C. Talukdar (PI), IBSD, Imphal; Gurvinder Kaur Saini (PI), IIT Guwahati; M.L.Khan and K.Shrivastava (Co-PI), NERIST.||DBT, Govt. of India (Rs. 56.76 Lakhs)||3.5 years (2011-2014)|
|Computational and Biochemical approaches for in-silico screening and discovery of drug like leads: Antidiatetic and antihypertensive compounds from Clerodendrum species occurring in NE India. [S. Sureshkumar Singh (Project Coordinator & PI, NERIST, Nirjuli); M Coumar (PU, Pondhicherry; (PI), IIT Guwahati; P.R. Gajurel (Co-PI), NERIST and Dr. Dipankar Rao, Co-PI, PU, Pondicherry)]||DBT, Govt. of India (Rs. 27.46 Lakhs)||1 year (2011-2012)|
|DBT-Twining Project on Exploration of microbial diversity and microbial role in arsenic imobilization in As-contaminated groundwater of North Eastern states (Arunachal Pradesh and Assam) [K.Shrivastava (Project Coordinator & PI, NERIST, Nirjuli); Pinaki Sar (PI, IIT Kharagpur); S. Sureshkumar Singh (Co-PI), NERIST and M.L.Khan (Co-PI), NERIST]||DBT, Govt. of India (Rs. 68.28 Lakhs)||4 years (2011-2015)|
|AICTE project on “Tissue culture of Aquilaria agallocha (agar) using biotechnological and microbiological methods” [K. Shrivastava (PI) and S. S Singh (Co-PI), 2009].||AICTE, MHRD, Govt. of India, New Delhi (Rs. 9.5 Lakhs)||3 years (2009-2014)|
- Life Member, Association of Microbiologists of India
- Member, International Society for Tropical Ecology
- Member, ISTE (AICTE)
|Soil Science & Management||FR-6103||Degree||I|
|Biodiversity & Conservation||FR-7102||PG (M.Sc.)||II|
|Forest Biotechnology||FR-7105||PG (M.Sc.)||I|
|Environmental Biotechnology||AS-7100||PG (M.Tech)||I|
|Environmental Management||IDE-7009||PG (M.Tech)||II|
|Principles and Techniques in Biotechnology||FR-9011||Ph.D.||I/II|
Title of Project (UG)
|Names of Students|
|Influence of monoculture plantation on physicochemical properties of soil in two locations of North East India (UG, 2007)||Banaiboklang M. Kharkongor|
|Diversity of soil microfungi in some forest soils of Manipur, North East India (UG, 2008)||Gurumayum Ranibala|
|Influence of tree species on the distribution of endo-mycorrhizal fungi (UG, 2008)||Dajied Lalthlamuana Betlu|
|Comparative study of five Trichoderma species using morphological, molecular and bioinformatics approaches (UG, 2009)||Sayeeda Tasmeen Hussain & Gulenur Hussain|
|Documentation and development of digital database and molecular characterization of banana resources of North East India (UG, 2010)||Amar Jyoti Nath & Samuel T.Biaklian Tonsing|
|Comparative analysis of soil properties in jhum and forest lands of Wokha, Nagaland (UG, 2012)||Chichamo N. Khitan|
|Physico-chemical and biological properties of rhizosphere soil of Parkia timoriana in Manipur (UG, 2012)||Thehgougin Kipgen|
Title of Project (PG)
|A study of genomic profiles of some banana (Mysa spp.) varieties of North East India using RAPD PCR (PG, 2009)||Yumlembam Priyadarshini Devi|
|Studies on antagonistic activity and optimization of DNA isolation and ITS PCR of biocontrol fungi, Trichoderma (PG, 2010)||Chongtham Roshan Singh|
|Documentation and development of database on forest resources and their management in NE India (PG, 2011)||Joel Gangmei|
|Genome characterization and molecular analysis of wild and cultivated bananas (Musa spp.) of Meghalaya (PG, 2011)||Niwancy Bareh|
|Comparative studies of 5 (five) banana species from Lower Subansiri district of Arunachal Pradesh using morphological and molecular techniques (PG, 2012)||Bullo Omang|
|Studies on the physico-chemical and biological properties of fish-cum-paddy cultivated soils of Ziro Valley in Arunachal Pradesh (PG, 2012)||Nending Devi|
|Study on properties of soil supporting varied aged rubber plantation at Karbi Anglong district of Assam and its socio-economic aspects (PG, 2013)||Robin Sing Kro|
|In vitro screening and evaluation of antidiabetic potential of ethnomedicinally important plants from North East India (PG, 2014)||Thokchom Sonia Devi|
|Studies on ethnomedicinal practices by Jaintia community in Meghalaya with reference to diabetes and diarrheal diseases (Ongoing, PG 2016)||Confirm Motsun|
|Topic||Scholar Name||Status of Ph.D.||Registration Year|
|Carbon flux in traditional agro-ecosystems of Apatanis in Arunchal Pradeh||Jayashree Dutta||Awarded (2014)||2007|
|Studies on functional diversity of micro-fungi in the rhizosphere soil of important medicinal plants of N. E. India using morphological and molecular techniques”||Chumi Khanikar||Awarded (2016)||2009|
|Genome characterization and phylogenetic analysis of wild and cultivated bananas (Musa spp.) of Manipur, North East India||Wahengbam Robindro Singh||Ongoing (Thesis Writing)||2010|
|Studies on Occurrence and diversity of endomycorrhizal fungi associated with selected medicinal plants of Manipur, India||Huidrom Boboy Singh||Ongoing (Thesis Writing)||2010|
|Molecular and biochemical characterization of Clerodendrum species occurring in North East India||Janmoni Kalita||Submitted (May, 2016)||2011|
|Evaluation of nuclear and chloroplast genome sequences for development of DNA barcode in selected Musa species occurring in North Eastern India||Gurumayum Ranibala||Ongoing (Thesis Writing)||2011|
|In-vitro screening of antidiabetic and antioxidant properties of selected ethnomedicinally important plants in NE India||Khaidem Kennedy Singh||Ongoing||2013|
|Course Name||Sponsored By||Date|
|Advanced research training on “Natural product isolation, characterization and Identification” at IBSD (DBT), Imphal, Manipur||DBT, Govt. of India||22/3/13 to 21/9/2103 (6 months)|
|DBT sponsored “Training Course on Molecular Biology and Biotechnology for Scientists of NE Region” held Tata Memorial Centre, ACTREC, Mumbai.||DBT, Govt of india||19/6/2012 to 29/6/2012 (15 days)|
|TEQIP sponsored Faculty Development Programme on “Advances in Traffic flow and environment”, NERIST, Nirjuli||TEQIP-I (NERIST), Nirjuli||17-21/04/2012 (1week)|
|Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata sponsored “1-week training Workshop on SPSS for Data Analysis”, NERIST, Nirjuli, Arunachal Pradesh||NERIST, Nirjuli||30/10/2011 to 4/11/2011 (1 week)|
|ISTE (AICTE), New Delhi sponsored Short Term Training Programme on “Tools for Bioresource Conservation”, Dept. of Biotechnology, IIT Guwahati, Assam||AICTE (ISTE), IIT Guwahati||11-15/07/2011 (1 week)|
|NITTTR, Kolkata sponsored short term/ In house Training Programme on “Teaching Methodology” NERIST, Nirjuli, Arunachal Pradesh||NERIST, Nirjuli||3-7/01/2011 (1 week)|
|21 days contact training course on “MYCORRHIZOSPHERE” sponsored by Department of Biotechnology, Govt. of India, School of Life Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi||DBT, Govt of India||21/3/1999 to 10/4/1999 (21 days)|
|ISTE (AICTE), New Delhi sponsored Short Term Training Programme on “Behavioural Competency Development: Psychological Aspects”, NERIST, Nirjuli||AICTE (ISTE), NERIST, Nirjuli||23-27/3/2009 (1 week)|
|ISTE (AICTE), New Delhi sponsored Short Term Training Programme on “Innovative Food Processing Technologies for Future Food Security”, NERIST, Nirjuli.||AICTE (ISTE), NERIST, Nirjuli||16-20/3/2009 (1 week)|
|ISTE (AICTE), New Delhi sponsored Short Term Training Course on ”Recent Trends in Microbial Biotechnology & Molecular Biology”, NERIST, Nirjuli.||AICTE (ISTE), NERIST, Nirjuli||6-10/10/2008 (1 week)|
|Short term Course on “ Applications of Computers in Offices”, NERIST, Nirjuli||NERIST, Nirjuli||21/5/1998 to 1/6/1998 (12 days)|
|Conference Name||Sponsored By||Date|
|1-Day E-Journal End User Orientation Programme at NERIST held on (as Coordinator)||NERIST, Nirjuli||31st October, 2015|
|2-Day E-Journal End User Orientation Programme at NERIST (as Coordinator)||NERIST, Nirjuli||22-23rd August, 2015|
|1-Day E-Journal End User Orientation Programme at NERIST (as Coordinator)||NERIST, Nirjuli||25th November, 2014|
|2-Days hands on Training on Bioinformatics: Biological Sequence Analysis (as Coordinator).||DBT, Govt. of India||22nd to 23rd Nov, 2014|
|1-Day Worksop on Ion Chromatography and Pure water systems||Metrohm India Pvt. Ltd.||17th September, 2014|
|One Day E-journal User Training Programme held at NERIST, Nirjuli, Arunachal Pradesh 3 (S.S.Singh, Programme Coordinator)||NERIST, Nirjuli||19th January, 2014|
|1-week training Workshop on SPSS for Data Analysis held at NERIST, Nirjuli, Arunachal Pradesh (A.Kumar and S.S.Singh, Joint-Coordinator;)||ISI Kolkata & NERIST, Nirjuli||30th October to 4th November, 2011|
|4th NEBnet Coordinators Meeting held at NERIST, Nirjuli, Arunachal Pradesh (S.S.Singh, Coordinator)||DBT, Govt. of India||10th to11th November, 2011|
|One Day E-journal User Training Programme held at NERIST, Nirjuli, Arunachal Pradesh (S.S.Singh, Programme Coordinator)||NERIST, Nirjuli||10th September, 2010|
|Web-based Online Interactive Training on “Thompson ISI-Web of Science” held at NERIST, Nirjuli, Arunachal Pradesh (S.S.Singh & Librarian)||NERIST, Nirjuli||12th April, 2010|
|Workshop on “Application of computer and internet in biology teaching & Research” held at NERIST(as Coordinator).||DBT, Govt. of India||26-28th February, 2009|
|Two workshop on ”Recent Trends in Microbial Biotechnology & Molecular Biology” at NERIST Nirjuli, A.P. (as Coordinator).||NEC, Shillong||6-7th October, 2008|
|Short Term Training Course on ”Recent Advances in Microbial Biotechnology & Molecular Biology” at NERIST, Itanagar (as Coordinator).||ISTE (AICTE), New Delhi||6-10th October, 2008|
|Special Lectures Delivered|
|“Biological Sequence Analysis”||BIF, DMCSc Imphal, Manipur||30th Feb, 2015|
|“Nucleic Acid Sequence Analysis using online and offline tools”||BIF, SKWC Nambol, Manipur||28-30th Feb, 2015|
|“Ethnomedicinal plants of antidiabetic and antihypertensive values from NE India”||Presidency College, Motbung, Manipur||30th June, 2014|
|“Online Resources for Biology Teaching & Research”||BIF, Department of Forestry, NERIST, Nirjuli, A.P||26-28th February, 2009.|
|“Online Resources for Biology Teaching and Research”||Dept. of Life Sciences, Rajiv Gandhi University, A.P.||20th Sept., 2009|
|“Online Resources for Biology Teaching and Research with special reference to Biodiversity”||BIF, S.K. Womens College, Nambol, Manipur||25-26th September, 2009.|
|“Use of molecular tools and techniques in microbial diversity research”||Department of Forestry, NERIST, Nirjuli, Arunachal Pradesh||6-10th October, 2008.|
|“Importance of soil for cultivation of aromatic and medicinal plants”||Department of Forestry, NERIST, Nirjuli, Arunachal Pradesh||7th April, 2008.|
|“Biotechnology-Tools, Techniques & Applications”||Department of Forestry, NERIST, Arunachal Pradesh||22nd December, 08|
|“Isolation of DNA from filamentous Fungi”||Department of Forestry, NERIST, Arunachal Pradesh||6-10th October, 2008.|
|“Role of Soil management in Forest Conservation”||Department of Forestry, NERIST, Arunachal Pradesh||February, 2008|
- J. Dutta, D. Balasubramanian, A. Arunachalam, and S. Sureshkumar Singh (2016) Methane (CH4) emission from high altitude wetland rice-cum-fish integrated agriculture system in Eastern-Himalayan foothills, Climate Change and Environnmental Sustainability, 4 (1): 68-75. (ISSN: 2320-642X).
- M.Roy, S. Roy, K. Surjit Singh, J. Kalita, S.Sureshkumar Singh (2016) Synthesis, characterization and anti-diabetic activities of triorganotin(IV) azo-carboxylates: Crystal structure and topological studies of azo-carboxylic acid ligand and its cyclic tetranuclear trimethyltin(IV) complex, New Journal of Chemistry, 40:1741-148 (ISSN: 1144-0546).
- M.Roy, S. Roy, K. Surjit Singh, J. Kalita, S.Sureshkumar Singh (2015) Synthesis, characterization and anti-diabetic activities of triorganotin(IV) azo-carboxylates derived from amino benzoic acids and resorcinol: Crystal structure and topological study of a 48 membered macrocyclic-tetrameric trimethyltin(IV) complex, Inorganica Chimica Acta (Elsevier), 439:164–172 (ISSN: 0020-1693).
- C. Khanikar and S.Sureshkumar Singh (2015) Seasonal and spatial variation of microbial population in the rhizosphere soils of five traditionally important medicinal plant species in NE India, International Journal of Scientific Research, 4(6): 366-369 (ISSN: 2277-8179).
- W. Robindro Singh, S. Sureshkumar Singh and K. Shrivastava (2014). Analysis of banana genome groups of wild and cultivated cultivars of Manipur, India using score card method, Advances in Applied Science Research, 5(1):35-38, (ISSN: 0976-8610).
- M. Saikia, K. Shrivastava and S. Sureshkumar Singh (2013) Effect of culture media and growth hormones on callus induction in Aquilaria malaccensis Lam. A medicinally and commercially important tree species of North East India, Asian Journal of Biological Research, 6 (2) 96-105, (ISSN: 1996-3351).
- J. Kalita, S. Sureshkumar Singh and M.L. Khan (2012). Clerodendrum colebrookianum Walp: A potential folk medicinal plant of North East India, Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biol. Research, 2(4): 256-2561, (eISSN: 2231-2218).
- S. Sureshkumar Singh, A. Gatinger, M. Scholter, S. C. Tiwari and M.S. Dkhar (2011). Microbial community structures of degraded and undegraded humid tropical forest soils as measured by phospholipid fatty acid (PLFA) profiles, Journal of Biodiversity and Ecological Sciences (Iran), 2(1): 197-212, (ISSN: Online 2008-9287).
- S. Sureshkumar Singh, M. Scholter, S.C. Tiwari and M.S. Dkhar (2011). Diversity of Community Soil DNA and Bacteria in Degraded and Undegraded Tropical Forest Soils of North-Eastern India as Measured by ERIC-PCR Fingerprints and 16SrDNA-DGGE profiles, Journal of Biological and Environmental Sciences (Turkey), 5(15): 184-193, (ISSN: Printed :1307-9530 & Online : 1308-2019).
- S. Sureshkumar Singh, S.C. Tiwari and M.S. Dkhar (2003). Species diversity of vesicular-arbuscular mycorrhizal (VAM) fungi in jhum fallow and natural forest soils of Arunachal Pradesh, North-Eastern India. Tropical Ecology, 44: 1-9, (ISSN: 0561-3295).
- S. S. Singh, S.C. Tiwari and M.S. Dkhar (2001). Evaluation of soil degradation using physico-chemical, biological and biochemical parameters in humid tropics of Arunachal Pradesh, Annals of Forestry, 9(2): 287-292 (ISSN: 0971-4022).
- C. Khanikar and S.Sureshkumar Singh (2015) Seasonal and spatial variation of microbial population in the rhizosphere soils of five traditionally important medicinal plant species in NE India, International Journal of Scientific Research, 4(6): 366-369, (ISSN: 2277-8179)
- S.C. Tiwari S. Sureshkumar Singh, M.S. Dkhar and R. R.Mishra (2002).Soil degradation affects microbial biomass carbon and dehydrogenase activity in humid tropical hilly forest soils, Asian J. of Microbiology, Biotechnology & Environmental Sciences, 4(1): 143-148, (ISSN: 0972-3005)
- M. Saikia, K. Shrivastava and S. Sureshkumar Singh (2012) An efficient protocol for callus induction in Aquilaria malaccensis Lam. Using leaf explants at varied concentrations of sucrose, International International Journal of Plant Research, 2 (6) 188-194, (ISSN: 2163-2596 Print; 2163-260X online).
- N.D. Singh, S. S. Singh and S.C. Tiwari (2002). Effect of physico-chemical treatments on the germination efficiency of Seabuckthorn (Hypophae salicifolia D.Don) under laboratory condition, Environmental Biology & Conservation, 7: 21-24, (ISSN:0971-782X)
- E.N.Singh., A. Nungchim, S. S. Singh and S.C. Tiwari (2001). Influence of Tectona grandis and Duabanga grandiflora on soil properties in humid tropics of Arunachal Pradesh, North East India, Indian Journal of Forestry, 24 (2):135-142, (ISSN: 0971-9431)
- S.C. Tiwari and S. S. Singh (2001) Modern molecular techniques in microbial diversity research, A. U. Research Journal, 4 (1): 27-34, (ISSN:0972-2882).
- S. Sureshkumar Singh and S.C. Tiwari (2001). Modified wet-sieving and decanting technique for enhanced recovery of vesicular-arbuscular mycorrhizal (VAM) fungi from forest soil, Mycorrhiza News,12 (4): 12-13., (ISSN:0970-69X)
- S.C. Tiwari, J.K.Das, B.Loktongbam and S. Sureshkumar Singh (1999). Phoebe goalparensis (Bonsum): A potential species for soil amelioration, Arunachal Forest News, 17(1-2):1-7, (ISSN: 0970-9487).
- S. Sureshkumar Singh, C. Khanikar, N.C. Talukdar, G.K. Saini, M.L. Khan, K. Shivastava and J.C. Bohra (2015). Production of mycotoxins free water soluble red pigment by a novel strain of Talaromyces purpurogenus NFML-X. In Proc: 9th World Congress on Polyphenol Applications, Malta, Europe, pp 181, (ISBN: 978-2-35609-073-7).
- J. Kalita, S. Sureshkumar Singh, P. Gajurel and M.L. Khan (2012) Clerodendrum viscosum Vent.-An ethnomedicinally important plant species of North East India. In Porc. National Seminar on Recent Advances in Natural Product Research, pp 52-58, (ISBN: 987-81-924321-2-0).
- W.R. Singh and S. Sureshkumar Singh (2012). Genome characterization of wild banana (Musa laterita) of Manipur. In: Proc: National Seminar on Wild Edible Plant Biodiversity & Endemism: Problems and Prospects, pp51-56, Imphal, Manipur.
- Chumi Khanikar, Radhika Pilli and S. S. Singh (2009). Parkia timoriana DC (Merr.)-A N-fixing multipurpose tree in agroforestry systems of N.E. India, In Proc: National Seminar on Agroforestry for socio-econ. Dev. in N.E. India, pP 141-145, Dept. of Forestry, NERIST, Nirjuli.
- S. S. Singh, A. Hagn, Radl, V, S. Sharma., M.S. Dkhar and S.C. Tiwaria nd M. Scholter (2008). Impact of soil degradation on microbial community in sub-tropical forest soils of N.E. India by molecular fingerprinting techniques. In Proc: Workshop cum Training Programme on Microbial Biotechnology & Molecular Biology, pp 55-72, Dept. of Forestry, NERIST, Nirjuli.
- S. S. Singh and S. C. Tiwari (1998). Microbial diversity-Its Role in Sustainable Forestry and Agriculture. In Proc: National Symposium on Plant Diversity Pattern and Bioresource Tech., NSRC, Kunarghat.
- S.C. Tiwari and S. Sureshkumar Singh (2003). Impacts of vesicular-arbuscular mycorrhizal (VAM) fungi diversity associated with degradation of soils in humid tropical forests. New Horizons in Biotechnology, Chapter 40, pp 437-444, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Springer, Netherlands, (ISBN: 1-4020-1718-9).
- S. Sureshkumar Singh and S.C. Tiwari (2006), Impact of soil degradation on distribution of vesicular-arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi in forest soils. Mycorrhizae, Chapter 38, pp 201-205, Scientific Publishers, Jodhpur, (ISBN: 81-7233-410-9).
- S.C.Tiwari and S. S. Singh (1999). Influence of mycorrhizal and actinorhizal fungi on seedling growth. Perspectives for Planning & Development in NE India, Chapter 26: pp181-184, Bishen Singh Mahendra-Pal Singh, Dehra Dun, (ISBN: 81-2110-76-9).
- J.K Das, L. Bebija, S. S. Singh and S.C. Tiwari (1998). Potential forest tree species for amelioration of soil properties in humid tropics, Natural Resources, Conservation & Management for Mountain Development, pp 371-381, International Book Distributors & Publishers, Dehra Dun, (ISBN: 81-7089-292-9).
- S.C. Tiwari and S. S. Singh (1998). Influence of inoculation of Glomus mossae and Frankia on two plants in nursery, New Trends in Microbial Ecology, pp 326-334, The Computer Composer, Allahabad.
- S.S.Singh & S.C. Tiwari (1998). Microbial diversity and its importance, Employment News, pp 1-2, February, 1998.
Area of Research
Biotechnology , Bioinformatics, Microbiology and Natural Product Biology
|No||Project Title||Name of P.I./Co-P.I.||Duration||Funding Agency||Amount|
|1||Biotechnology Ignition Grant (BIG, 2015) on “Development of food colourants and textile dyes from natural pigments of microbial origin” (Principal Investigator/ Innovator)||DR. S. SURESHKUMAR SINGH||2015||BIRAC (DBT) Govt. of India||Rs. 25 Lakhs|
- Nodal Officer, DeLCON
- Member Secy, INDEST
- Technical Member, INFLIBNET
- Member, DC (PhD)
- Member, DPGC (PhD)
- Member, BPGS (Syllabus)
- In-Charge, Seminar Hall
- In-Charge, Photocopy Facility
Short Term Course
- Advanced research training on “Natural product isolation, characterization and Identification” at IBSD (DBT), Imphal, Manipur (2013)
- DBT sponsored “Training Course on Molecular Biology and Biotechnology for Scientists of NE Region” held Tata Memorial Centre, ACTREC, Mumbai (2012)
- TEQIP sponsored FDP on “Advances in Traffic flow and environment”, NERIST, Nirjuli (2012)
- Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata sponsored “1-week training Workshop on SPSS for Data Analysis”, NERIST, Nirjuli, Arunachal Pradesh (2011)
- ISTE (AICTE) sponsored STTP on “Tools for Bioresource Conservation”, Dept. of Biotechnology, IIT Guwahati, Assam (2011)
- NITTTR, Kolkata sponsored short term/ In house Training Programme on “Teaching Methodology” NERIST, Nirjuli, Arunachal Pradesh (2011)
Worksop / Conference
- 16 meetings (2011-2015)
- 15 workshops (2011-2015)
- 7 workshops/ Trainings (2011-2015)