Dr. Akbari Jahan
High Energy Physics Phenomenology, QCD, Small x Physics.
Phone:0360-2257401-410 extn. 6194 (Office)
- Professional Background
- Honors and Awards
- Educational Details
- Administrative Background
- Sponsored Research Projects
- Memberships in Professional bodies
- Teaching Engagements
- Projects and Thesis Supervised/ Currently Supervising
- Participation in short term courses
- Books Authored:
|January 2015||Till date||Assistant Professor||NERIST|
|September 2014||November 2014||Assistant Professor||NITS, Mirza|
|B.Sc. Physics Gold Medal||PSG College of Arts and Science, Coimbatore||2005|
|UGC RFSMS for Ph.D.||Gauhati University||2009-2013|
|Institute Post Doctoral Fellowship||IIT Guwahati||2014|
Mathematics & Chemistry (Allied)
English & Hindi (Language)
PSG College of Arts & Science,
|M.Sc. Physics||Physics||University of Madras, Chennai.||2007|
|Ph.D.||Theoretical High Energy Physics||Gauhati University,
|July 2015||December 2016||Computer Laboratory Incharge, Dept. of Physics||NERIST|
|August 2015||June 2020||Programme Officer, NSS||NERIST|
|October 2015||till date||Member, INDEST Committee||NERIST|
|November 2017||till date||Advisory Committee Member, Placement Cell||NERIST|
|June 2019||August 2019||HoD Incharge, Dept. of Physics||NERIST|
Life Member of Physics Academy of the North East (LM-0134)
Life Member of The Indian Science Congress Association (L22038)
Life Member of The Indian Association of Physics Teachers (11557-L7551)
Life Member of The Indian Physics Association (GEN/LM/13366)
Life Member of The Indian Physical Society (LM/1142)
Life Member of Forum for Interdisciplinary Mathematics (1286/26.10.20)
Life Member of International Academy of Physical Sciences (N21362)
Life Member of Indian Society for Technical Education (LM-135352)
Life Member of Society for Research Development (SRDLM00074)
|Physics I||PH 1101||Base||I|
|Physics II||PH 1201||Base||II|
|Physics IV B||PH 3202||Diploma||II|
|Comprehensive Physics||PH 4301||Degree||I|
|Modern Physics||PH 5101||Degree||I|
|Nuclear Physics||PH 8103||PG||I|
|Computer Laboratory||PH 7152||PG||I|
|Quantum Mechanics - II||PH 7204||PG||II|
|Particle Physics||PH 8006||PG||II|
|Computational Physics & Programming||PH 7103||PG||I|
|Title of M.Sc. Projects||Names of Students|
|A Study of Fractal and its Applications||Momar Basar|
|Fractal Structures and Dimensions||Nyarik Ete|
|A Study of some Bose-Einstein Integral Functions||Nashiba Parbin|
|Evaluation of pion decay and particle collision in the laboratory frame||Dipak Chauhan|
|Analysis of tensors of rank 2 & 3 and their applications||Bhupali Deka|
|Proton structure in Deep Inelastic Scattering at HERA||Damayanti Hazarika|
|Analysis of the Logistic equation of chaotic systems||Ranjita Das|
|Deep inelastic scattering at HERA: A review of experimental results in the light of QCD||Subham Chakraborty|
|Evolution of Mellin moments of parton distribution functions in QCD||Iswar Prasanna Borgohain|
|Study of parton distribution functions from deep inelastic scattering||Debamoy Pegu|
|Study of QCD evolution equations of parton densities||Swapnil Protim Bhuyan|
|Course Name||Sponsored By||Date|
|FDP on Leadership & People Management||NITTTR Kolkata||October 9 - 13, 2023|
|8th International Conference on Women in Physics||IAS, INSA, NAS, IAPT||July 10 - 14, 2023|
|2nd International Conference on Best Innovative Teaching Strategies||BITS Pilani||February 9 - 11, 2023|
|Two weeks Industrial Training Program on Machine Learning and its Applications using Pytghon||EduxLabs & Mechanica, IIT Madras||December 19 - 30, 2022|
|FDP on Soft Skills for Teachers||NITTTR Kolkata||November 21 - 25, 2022|
|NITTT FDP Modules||AICTE, NITTTR Chennai||April 1 - May 31, 2022|
|3rd International Conference on Mathematical Modeling, Computational Intelligence Techniques and Renewable Energy||University of Technology, Sydney; PDEU, Gandhinagar & FIM||March 4 - 6, 2022|
|STTP on Pedagogical Communication||NITTTR Kolkata||February 7 - 11, 2022|
|STTP on Probability and Statistics||NITTTR Kolkata||January 17 - 28, 2022|
|STTP on NEP 2020 - Reforms in Higher Education||NITTTR Kolkata||January 10 - 14, 2022|
|National Conference on Engineering Education||NITTTR Kolkata||November 11 - 12, 2021|
|STTP on Hybrid Pedagogy||NITTTR Kolkata||Sept. 27 - Oct. 1, 2021|
|STTP on Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) and Student's Performance Evaluation||NITTTR Kolkata||August 9 - 13, 2021|
|STTP on Online Pedagogy||NITTTR Kolkata||June 28 - July 2, 2021|
|STTP on Effective Teaching||NITTTR Kolkata||March 15 - 19, 2021|
|Online FDP on Examination Reforms||AICTE, NIT Mizoram||February 15 - 19, 2021|
|2nd International Conference on Mathematical Modeling, Computational Intelligence Techniques and Renewable Energy||PDPU, Gandhinagar and FIM||February 6 - 8, 2021|
|XXIV DAE-BRNS High Energy Physics Symposium 2020||NISER, Odisha||December 14 - 18, 2020|
|STTP on Teaching Skill Development||NITTTR Kolkata||October 5 - 9, 2020|
|One-week Online FDP on Scilab||DNGC and IIT Bombay||September 23 - 29, 2020|
|Five Day National Level FDP on LaTeX & Xfig||RGU and IIT Bombay||September 18 - 22, 2020|
|30th Orientation Course||UGC HRDC Mizoram University||July 28 - August 17, 2020|
|STTP on Student Mentorship||NITTTR Kolkata||June 22 - 26, 2020|
|STTP on Evaluating Students' Performance||NITTTR Kolkata||June 8 - 12, 2020|
|FDP on R Programming||IMS Noida and IIT Bombay - PMMMNMTT||May 25 - 29, 2020|
|Effective and Efficient Online Teaching in the Age of Corona: A Hands on Workshop||IIT Bombay - PMMMNMTT||May 17, 2020|
|One Day Workshop on C and C++||MHRD||February 29, 2020|
|FDP on Behavioral Remodeling and Research Methodology||E & ICT Academy, IIT Guwahati||April 1 - 5, 2019|
|Two Days' Workshop on An Introduction to LHC Physics||NERIST||January 8 - 9, 2019|
|FDP on Wireless and Mobile Communication||E & ICT Academy, IIT Guwahati||December 3 - 7, 2018|
|FDP on Emerging Trends in Wireless Communication||E & ICT Academy, IIT Guwahati||November 26 - 30, 2018|
|XXX IUPAP Conference on Computational Physics||University of California, Davis, USA||July 29 - August 2, 2018|
|Training of Trainers on Youth and Peace Building||RGNIYD & RGU||January 29 - 31, 2018|
|The Science Academies' Refresher Course in Quantum Mechanics with a special emphasis on Nuclear and Particle Physics||St. Philomena's College, Mysore, IAS, INSA||December 17 - 31, 2017|
|9th International Workshop on Multiple Parton Interactions at the LHC||Panjab University, DST||December 11 - 15, 2017|
|STTP on Leadership and Team Building in Academia||NITTTR Kolkata||Oct 30 - Nov 3, 2017|
|Short Term Course on The Field Theory of Classical and Quantum Phase Transitions||MHRD, GIAN, NIT Goa||July 3 - 13, 2017|
|Pedagogy Training for Outcome Based Education||NITTTR Bhopal||March 16 - 17, 2017|
|Workshop on Digital India||MeitY, Govt. of India & NSS, NERIST||August 24, 2016|
|Two Days' Training Programme on National Mathematics Olympiad||NBHM & NERIST||February 27 - 28, 2016|
|Two Days' Workshop on Teaching Methodology of Mathematics||TEQIP, NERIST||November 21 - 22, 2015|
|STTP on Induction Training||NITTTR Kolkata||September 11 – 20, 2015|
|4th INDEST User Convention (E-journals User Training Workshop)||AICTE-INDEST User Committee, NERIST||August 22 – 23, 2015 and October 31, 2015|
|Faculty Development Programme on Recent Advances in Microprocessors, Microcontrollers and their Applications||TEQIP (MHRD)||February 17 – 21, 2015|
- Akbari Jahan and Diptimonta Neog, A brief analysis on the behaviour of global parton distribution functions at small and large x, Recent Cont. Phys. 85, 12 (2023).
- Akbari Jahan and Diptimonta Neog, A phenomenological approach to Mellin moments of parton distribution functions, Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing (Springer Singapore), Vol. 1440, pp 311 Proceedings of the Third International Conference, MMCITRE 2022, https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-19-9906-2_25 (2023).
- Akbari Jahan, Online pedagogy during the pandemic: An overview on its challenges and prospects, Proceedings of the National Conference on Engineering Education, pp 1, ISBN: 978-81-956423-0-4 (2022).
- Akbari Jahan, Mellin transform of Bose-Einstein integral functions, Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing (Springer), Vol. 1405, pp 121 Proceedings of the Second International Conference, MMCITRE 2021, https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-16-5952-2_11 (2021).
- Akbari Jahan, Analytical computation of Bose-Einstein integral functions, Boson J. Mod. Phys. 8, 1 (2021).
- Akbari Jahan and Dipak Chauhan, Analysis of proton structure function at small x, Boson J. Mod. Phys. 7, 36 (2020).
- Akbari Jahan and Diptimonta Neog, On the analytical study of Mellin moments of parton distribution functions, Boson J. Mod. Phys. 7, 20 (2020).
- Akbari Jahan and D. K. Choudhury, Self-similarity and the Froissart Bound, Phys. Rev. D89, 014014 (2014).
- Akbari Jahan and D. K. Choudhury, A lower bound on Longitudinal Structure Function at small x from a Self-similarity based model of proton, Commun. Theor. Phys. 61, 654 (2014).
- Akbari Jahan and D. K. Choudhury, Self-similarity based model of Double Parton Distribution Functions at LHC, J. Phys.: Conf. Ser. 481, 012025 (2014).
- D. K. Choudhury and Akbari Jahan, A Model Construction of Self-similarity based Double Parton Distribution Functions for proton-proton collision at LHC, Int. J. Mod. Phys. A28, 1350079 (2013).
- Akbari Jahan and D. K. Choudhury, An Analysis of Momentum Fractions of Quarks and Gluons in a model of Proton, Mod. Phys. Lett. A28, 1350086 (2013).
- Akbari Jahan and D. K. Choudhury, Momentum Fractions of Quarks and Gluons in a Self-similarity based Model of Proton, Mod. Phys. Lett. A27, 1250193 (2012).
- Akbari Jahan and D. K. Choudhury, Fractal Inspired Models of Quark and Gluon Distributions and Longitudinal Structure Function FL(x,Q2 ) at small x, Ind. J. Phys. 85, 587 (2011).
1. Book Chapter entitled "Longitudinal structure function and parton distributions in the light of self-similarity" in the book "Current Perspective to Physical Science Research", Vol. 2, p142, B P International, India (2023); ISBN: 978-81-19761-54-8; DOI: 10.9734/bpi/cppsr/v2/6415C
2. "An Overview of Bose-Einstein integral functions :: Computational Analysis and Evaluation" by Akbari Jahan (2021); Lambert Academic Publishing, Mauritius; ISBN: 978-620-3-30619-4.
3. "Chaos and the Logistic equation:: A brief insight" by Akbari Jahan and Ranjita Das (2020); Lambert Academic Publishing, Mauritius; ISBN: 978-620-0-78713-2.
4. Book Chapter entitled "Gluons at small x" in the book "Horizons in World Physics", Vol. 302, p183, Nova Science Publishers, New York (2020); ISBN: 978-1-53617-180-8.
5. “Longitudinal Structure Function and Self-similarity - - - A Phenomenological Approach” by Akbari Jahan and Dilip Kumar Choudhury (2014); Lambert Academic Publishing, Germany; ISBN: 978-3-659-59924-8.