Dr. Kunal Borah
Microwave Electronics, Microstrip Antennas, Applied Electromagnetism, Electronic Materials
Phone:2257401 - 410 extn. 6201 (Off)
- Professional Background
- Honors and Awards
- Educational Details
- Administrative Background
- Teaching Engagements
- Projects and Thesis Supervised/ Currently Supervising
- Participation in short term courses
- Special Lectures Delivered
- Paper presented at international conferences
|January 2015||Continuing||Assistant Professor||NERIST|
|2nd best poster presentation award in "National workshop on nuclear and atomic techniques based pure and applied sciences" (NATPAS-11), organized by UGC-DAE and Tezpur university, Awarded||Tezpur university, India||2011|
|UGC-NRCPS Student Award for IEEE-APS Indian Antenna Week in 2010.||IEEE Antenna Propagation Society, Kolkata chapter||2010|
|Senior research Fellow under the scheme of Rajiv GandhiNational Fellowship||UGC||2009|
|Junior Research Fellow under the scheme of Rajiv GandhiNational Fellowship||UGC||2007|
Physics (Area: Microwave Electronics)
|September 2015||Till date||Hostel Warden||NERIST|
|February 2015||Till date||Program Officer, NSS||NERIST|
|August||Till date||Department Web-Coordinator||NERIST|
|Electronics Lab||PH 8152||M.Sc.||III|
|Optics Lab||PH 7162||M.Sc.||II|
|Physics I||PH 1101||Base||I|
|Physics II||PH 1201||Base||II|
|Physics IVB||PH 3202||Diploma||II|
|Title of Project||Names of Students|
|Microstrip patch antenna on structurally modified substrate for X and K band Applications||Mr. Nada Tani|
|Course Name||Sponsored By||Date|
|Induction training by NITTTR, Kolkata, held at NERIST||TEQIP, NERIST||11-20 September, 2015|
|INDEST user convention (E-Journal User Training Workshop), organized by AICTE-INDEST user committee, NERIST||NERIST||22 August-31 October, 2015|
|Faculty development program on “Recent trends in microprocessors, micro controller and their applications” held at NERIST||TEQIP, NERIST||17 -21 February, 2015|
|IEEE-APS Indian Antenna week, an advanced workshop on antenna technology, Hotel Royal Plaza, Gangtok, Sikkim, India.||IEEE-APS||29 May-2 June, 2012|
|National workshop on nuclear and atomic techniques based pure and applied sciences (NATPAS-11), organized by UGC-DAE and Tezpur University, Tezpur University , India||UGC-DAE||11-14 February, 2011|
|IEEE-APS Indian Antenna week, an advanced workshop on antenna technology,Mayfair, Puri, India, May, 2010.||IEEE-APS||29 May- 2 June,2012|
|Application of Iron oxide nanoparticle for environmental remediation||Birjhora Mahavidyalaya , Bongaigaon, Assam, India||2007|
- Phukan A., Borah K. Bhattacharyya N. S., “Compact Patch Antenna on Structurally Modified Magnetodielectric Substrate ”, Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, 2016 (in press)
- Borah K., Phukan A., Bhattacharyya S., Bhattacharyya N. S., “Design of Light Weight Microstrip Patch Antenna on Dielectric and Magnetodielectric Substrate for Broadband Applications in X-Band”, Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, 60, 157-168, 2014.
- Borah K., Bhattacharyya N. S, “Magnetodielectric composite with NiFe2O4 inclusions as substrates for microstrip antennas” IEEE Transactions on Dielectric and Electrical Insulation, 19 (5), 1825-1832 2012.
- Borah K., Bhattacharyya N. S, “Magnetodielectric composite with ferrite inclusions as substrates for microstrip patch antennas at microwave frequencies”, Composites Part B-Engineering, 43 (3), 1309-1314, 2012.
- Borah K., Bhattacharyya N. S, “Magneto-dielectric material with nano ferrite inclusion for microstrip antennas: Dielectric characterization”, IEEE Transactions on Dielectric and Electrical Insulation, Vol.17, no. 6, pp 1676-1681,December 2010.
- Borah K., Bhattacharyya N. S ,“Miniaturized patch antennas on magnetodielectric substrate for X band communications”, IEEE int. conf. on devices and communication, Mesra,India, doi: 10.1109/ICDECOM.2011.5738511
- Borah K., Bhattacharyya N. S, “In Touch Non-Destructive Superstrate Technique for Estimating Complex Permittivity of Nanocomposites”, Proc. IEEE Applied Electromagnetics Conference, 2009, DOI: 10.1109/AEMC.2009.5430596
- Borah K., Bhattacharyya N. S , “Magnetodielectric materials with nano ferrite inclusions for microstrip patch antennas at microwave frequencies”, (Extended abstract) , National workshop on nuclear and atomic techniques based pure and applied sciences (NATPAS-11), organized by UGC-DAE and Tezpur university, Tezpur University , India, February, 2011.
- Deka S., Borah K., Bhattacharyya N. S “Complex permeability study of nano ferrite particulate composite at microwave frequencies, using cavity perturbation technique”, Book of Abstracts, National Conference on Condensed Matter Physics, North Eastern Hills University, Shillong, Meghalaya, 2010.