Dr. Mohammad Hassan
Differential Equations, Special function, Fluid Dynamic, Water wave, Channel flow, Fluid-Structure interaction.
E-mail: moh[AT]nerist(dot)ac(dot)in , mdhassan000[AT]gmail(dot)com
|July, 2008||July,2009||Complete project in Robotics (M.Tech.)||IIIT, Allahabad|
Honors and Awards
|GATE 2009 (All India rank-155||Conducted by IIT/IISc.||2010.|
|CSIR-UGC-JRF, Qualified for JRF||Conducted by CSIR/UGC||2010.|
|M. Tech. (written test) written test qualified.||Conducted by ISI Kolkata.|
|JRF 2009-2011.||Gate Fellowship IIT G.||2009-2011.|
|SRF 2011-2014.||Gate Fellowship IIT G.||2011-2014.|
|NBHM Postdoctoral Fellowship (awarded)||NBHM||2014|
|M.Tech. (IT,Robotics)||IT||IIIT Allahabad||2008-09|
|M.Sc.||Mathematics||D.D.U. University GKP||2006|
|B.Sc.||Mathematics, Physics||D.D.U. University GKP||2004|
|September,2015||Till date||Warden Block-B Hostel||NERIST|
|January, 2017||Till date||Incharge of website (Mathematics)||NERIST|
Sponsored Research Projects/ Consultancy project/Young scientist project
|Analytical modeling for estimating wave loads on cylindrical structure||DST (SERB) Govt of India||2016-2019|
Memberships in Professional bodies
- ISMAMS: Life Member, member ID-LM/320, Indian Society of Mathematics and Mathematical Sciences.
- SIAM: Annual Member, member ID-001077257, Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics.
- Editor: Offer for Lead guest editor in Science Publishing Group
|Ordinary Diff. Equation||MA-7204||M.Sc.||Second|
|Partial Diff. Equation||MA-7103||M.Sc.||First|
|Topic||Scholar Name||Status of PHD||Registration Year|
|Diffraction and radiation of water wave by cylindrical structure in a channel flow of finite width (tentative)||Mr. Manoj Vishwakarma||
to be submit July 2019
|Water wave interaction with pair of coaxial cylinders in a channel of finite width (tentative)||Mr. Pankaj Bora||On going||2017|
|Dynamics of Chaos control and Synchronization in fractional order chaotic systems (tentative)||Mr. Madhaw Ram||On going||2017|
Participation in short term courses
|Course Name||Sponsored By||Date|
|KIC:Mathematical Analysis and its Applications to Engineering.||TEQIP (IIT G)||January 02-04, 2016.|
|Induction Training and Pedagogy (NITTTR-Kolkata)||NERIST||September 11-20,2015|
Special Lectures Delivered
|Introduction and Basic of MATLAB and MATLAB Toolbox and Applications||KIPM College of Engineering, GIDA, GKP||June 15-19, 2015|
- “M. Hassan and S. N. Bora”,“Exciting forces for a pair of coaxial hollow cylinder and bottom-mounted cylinder in water of finite depth”,“ Ocean Eng. (Elsevier)”,“ISSN No. 0029-8018 , 50, (2012): 38-43 ”, “DOI:10.1016/j.oceaneng.2012.05.013”.
- “M. Hassan and S. N. Bora”,“ Exciting forces for a wave energy device consisting of a pair of coaxial cylinders in water of finite depth”,“ J. Marine Sci. Appl. (Springer) ”,“ISSN No. 1993-5048/1671-9433, 12, (2013): 315-324”, “DOI: 10.1007/s11804-013-1207-9”.
- “M. Hassan and S. N. Bora”,“ Rotational motion due to the interaction of water waves with a pair of coaxial cylinders in water of finite depth”, “J. Adv. Res. Appl. Math.”,“ISSN No. 1942-9649, 6(1), (2014): 48-65”, “DOI: 10.5373/jaram.1682.012713”.
- “M. Hassan and S. N. Bora”,“ Hydrodynamic coefficients in surge for a radiating hollow cylinder placed above a coaxial cylinder at finite ocean depth”, J. Marine Sci. Technol. (Springer)”,“ISSN No. 1437-8213/0948-4280, 19, (2014):450-461”, “10.1007/s00773-14-0280-3”.
- “M. Hassan and S. N. Bora”,“ Surge motion coefficients for a finite circular hollow cylinder radiating in water of infinite depth”, “Int. J. of Fluid Mec. Res. (Begell House)”,“ISSN No. 1064-2277/2152-5102, 42(2), (2015): 95-110”, “DOI: 10.1615/InterJFluidMechRes.v42.i2.10”.
- “M. Hassan and S. N. Bora”,“ Surge hydrodynamic coefficients by a pair of two coaxial vertical cylinders in water of finite depth”, “Development and Applications of Ocean Engineering)”,“ISSN No. 2325-3754, “accepted on June, 2014.”
- M. Hassan and S. N. Bora”,“Diffraction of water waves by a finite circular hollow cylinder in water of infinite depth", “Applied science(Geometry Balkan Press,Bucharest, )”,“ISSN No. 1454-5101, “accepted on March 13, 2019"
- P. Borah and M.Hassan”,“An analytical solution for the Diffraction Problem by a pair of submerged cylinders in water ", “J.of Com.and Math. Sci., an International journal”, 10(2), PP:351-360, (2019) , ISSN No. 0976-5727(Print), ISSN No.2319-8133(online)
- M. Biswakarma, M.Hassan and P.Borah”,“Added mass and damping coefficients in sway motion for a floating hollow cylinder in a channel of finite width", “ Universal review( International journal) )”, 10(5) ,PP: 201-211 (2019)“ ISSN No. 2277-2723(Print) , ISSN No. 2277-2726(Online).
- M. Biswakarma, P.Borah and M.Hassan”,“Analaytical solution of surge hydrodynamic coefficients by an offshore-structure model in a channel of finite width", “ J.Comp. and Math. Sci )”, 10(5), PP: 961-971,(2019), “ISSN No. 0976-5727(Print), ISSN No.2319-8133(Online).
- M. Hassan , P.Borah and M. Biswakarma”,“Wave forces due to interaction of water wave with a cylindrical hollow structure in water of finite depth", “ Int. J. Sci. Res. Math. and Stat. Sci, )”, 6(2) , PP: 73-77(2019) “ISSN No. 2348-4519,
- M. Hassan , P.Borah and M. Biswakarma”,“Exciting Force by an oscillating Water Colum in Presence of Channel of finite width", “ J. of Applied Sci. and Computation.) VI(V) )”, PP: 752-761(2019) “ISSN No. 1076-5131.