P K. Pranav
Tractor: Drawbar performance, traction, stability, Three point linkages, etc ,Farm Machinery: Design, Development and performance evolution, Renewable energy resources: Gasification and biodiesel production, Instrumentation: Application of microprocessor and sensors in tractor and other machinery, Ergonomics: Ergonomics and safety in agriculture and its allied industry
E-mail:pkjha78[AT]gmail(dot)com, pkpv[AT]nerist(dot)ac(dot)in, Phone:0360 2257401-08 ext-6227
- Professional Background
- Honors and Awards
- Educational Details
- Administrative Background
- Sponsored Research Projects
- Memberships in Professional bodies
- Teaching Engagements
- Projects and Thesis Supervised/ Currently Supervising
- PHDs Supervised
- Participation in short term courses
- Courses or Conferences Organised
- Special Lectures Delivered
- Books Authored
|18th July 2006||Till Date||Assistant Professor||NERIST|
|20th Jan, 2004||14th July 2006||Junior Project Offier||SRIC, IIT Kharagpur|
|Jawaharlal Nehru Award on Outstanding Doctoral Thesis Research 2012,||Indian Council of Agricultural Research, New Delhi||2013|
|Ph. D||Slip sensing and control system for two wheel drive tractors||IIT Kharagpur||2011|
|M.Tech.||Farm Machinery and Power||IIT Kharagpur||2003|
|B.Tech||Agricultural Engineering||R. A. U. Pusa (Samastipur)||2001|
|Nov 2013||Dec 2014||T&P In-Charge||NERIST|
|Mar 2007||Mar 2012||Warden - Hostel Block ‘B’||NERIST|
|Sept 2011||Nov 2013||Deputy in-charge T&P||NERIST|
|In-charge-Departmental library, Farm Machinery Laboratory, T&P counselor, Farm Power laboratory
Member-Central library advisory committee
Faculty advisor-SHRISTI’08, SHRISTI’09, SHRISTI’10, SHRISTI’11, SHRISTI’12
|Oct 2009||Apr 2011||Secretary-Faculty and officers’ club||NERIST|
|July 2008||Till Date||Secretary-NERIST Employee Co-operative Thrift & Credit Society Ltd.||NERIST|
|Development of Automatic Front and Rear Axle Weight Distribution System for 2WD Tractor||ICAR||2016-2018|
|Software Development (Constancy project)||M&M ltd.||2016-2017|
|Design and development of automatic safety device for longitudinal overturn of tractor during transport work||DST||2013-2016|
|AICRP on Ergonomics and Safety in Agriculture||ICAR||2011-2017|
|Technology interface unit to explore the possibilities for livelihood||KVIC||2006-2008|
|Modernization of Farm machinery and Power laboratory||AICTE||2009-2010|
- Life Member- Indian Society of Agricultural Engineers [LM-10184];
- Life Member- Indian Society for Technical Education [LM-51038];
- Life Member- The Indian Science Congress Association [L14143];
- Life Member- Solar Energy Society of India [LM/1461/2010];
- Life Member- Indian Society of Ergonomics [L407]
- Associate member- The Institution of Engineers (India) [AM095399-5]
|UG: Farm machinery-I&II; Farm Power-I; Engineering mechanics; Engineering Thermodynamics; Tractor Engine system; Tractor transmission system; Renewable sources of energy; Tractor centre management; Instrumentation and computer application in Agriculture|
|PG: Tractor system design; Tractor-implement system performance; Principle of Ergonomics; Instrumentation and research techniques; Soil dynamics in tillage and traction|
|Title of Project||Names of Students||Year||Module|
|Development of database and mathematical models for engine performance parameters using biodiesel.||Keissam Padameshore Singh||2011||M.Tech|
|Performance of downdraft gasifier using bamboo, khokan and kadam biomass feed stock.||Mr. Yaramala Koteswara Rao||2012||M.Tech|
|Managerial Intervention for Agricultural Mechanization in Lakhimpur Districts of Assam||2012||MBA|
|Effect of variable hitch height in haulage operation of two wheel tractor.||Mr. Tage Tapang||2014||M.Tech|
|Energy potential of tea waste in Assam and its gasification using downdraft gasifier.||Mr. Sonu Kumar||2015||M.Tech|
|Computer simulation of three point hitch for dift tractor model.||Dipjoy Sarkar,Partha lodh||2008||Deg.|
|Development of software for the evaluation of haulage performance of power tiller.||Arunjyoti Sonwal, Manish ku. Rathaor||2009||Deg.|
|Optimization of lower link of tractor by using stress analysis technique.||Nikhil Kumar, Shyam Tanu Choudhury||2010||Deg.|
|Development of computer programme to design downdraft gasifier.||Mr. Pamcheiba Maitei, Mr. Hemendra Tripura||2012||Deg.|
|Optimization of load carrying of female workers in sherpa mode.||Spondon Chelleng, Lakhyajit Das||2013||Deg.|
|Determination of field efficiency using global positioning system.||Vikhotso Pucho, Samewon Parijat||2014||Deg|
|Determination of maximum aerobic capacity of male farm workers of Arunachal Pradesh.||Sapunii Sebastian, Vanlairemruatpuii||2015||Deg.|
|Programme for cost estimation of different farm machineries||Ms. Yesin Phukon, Ms. Baisakhi Saha||2007||Diploma|
|Comparison of operating cost of power tiller and tractor.||P Meitei,Nani Tade||2009||Diploma|
|Computer simulation for the effect of itch point of haulage performance of two wheel tractor||Anubhab Pal, S.K Dev||2009||Diploma|
|Evaluation of haulage performance of power tiller.||Subu Lazi,Tage Tapang||2010||Diploma|
|Installation of hydraulic dynamometer for PTO testing.||A.B Jamir Lakhyajit Das||2011||Diploma|
|Loss of virtual hitch point with respect to depth of operation of tractor.||Bitu Hazorika, Abinash Kumar||2012||Diploma|
|Design of cyclone separator to reduce air-borne dust for rice mill.||Sanjana Devbarma, Kabyashree Choudhury||2013||Diploma|
|Energy potential of industrial tea waste.||Limwapang Imchen, Ms. Pema Lhamee Bhutia||2013||Diploma|
|Comparative study of gasification potential of four local available feed stocks in downdraft gasifier.||Sanju Thoksom, Sarika Kumari||2015||Diploma|
|Topic||Scholar Name||Status of PHD||Registration Year|
|Effect of dust on workers’ health and its minimisation in rice mill||Mr. Mrinmoy Biswas||Full time (Continuing)||2013-2014|
|Design and development of automatic variable hitch height for 2WD tractors||Mr. Tage Tapang||Part time (Continuing)||2014-2015|
|Development of Automatic Front and Rear Axle Weight Distribution System for 2wd Tractor||Mr. Sonu Kumar||Full time (Continuing)||2015-2016|
|Design and development of self-propelled bund slicer for paddy field||Mr. Ritesh Ranjan||Full time (Continuing)||2015-2016|
|Course Name||Sponsored By||Date|
|Recent advance in mechanics and their application in nano-engineering and technology|
|Livelihood generation in the rural sector through transfer of appropriate technology|
|Workshop on Agricultural Mechanization Technologies for Hill Agriculture|
|Composite materials: manufacturing, mechanics and application|
|Faculty awareness camp on entrepreneurship|
|Behavioural Competency Development|
|Workshop on Engineering optimization|
|Innovative food processing technologies for food security|
|Personality development during|
|Ergonomics in Product Design: With special reference to agricultural tool & equipment design|
|Prospects of cloud computing in education, 2014|
|Pedagogy training for Engineering Teachers, 2014|
|Computer Aided Design & Drafting Excellence, 2014|
|Recent advances in microprocessor, microcontroller and their application|
|Conference Name||Sponsored By||Date|
|FDP on “Ergonomics and Safety in Product Design”||TEQIP, NERIST||14-18 May, 2013|
|National Conference on “Emerging Technology Trends in Agricultural Engineering”||TEQIP, NERIST||7-9 Nov, 2014|
|Tractor performance and its scopes for improvement||Mahindra and Mahindra Limited, Chennai||12th June 2015|
|Tractor performance and its measurement techniques.||Vignan University, Guntur||17th January 2016|
- Emerging Technology trends in agricultural Engineering (Edited book) Excel India Publisher, New Delhi, 2014.
- Pranav, P. K. and Pandey, K. P., 2008. Computer Simulation of Ballast Management for Agricultural Tractors. Journal of Terramechanics, (45), 185-192.
- Tiwari, V. K., Pandey, K. P. and Pranav, P. K., 2010. A review on traction prediction equations. Journal of Terramechanics, 47, 191-199.
- Pranav, P. K., Pandey, K. P., and Tewari, V. K., 2010. Digital wheel slipmeter for agricultural 2WD Tractors. Computer and Electronics in Agriculture, 73, 188-193.
- Pranav, P. K., Tewari,V. K., Pandey, K. P. and Jha, K. R., 2012. Automatic wheel slip control system in field operations for 2wd tractors. Computer and Electronics in Agriculture, 84, 1-6.
- Pranav, P. K., Patel, T., Rathore, M., Sonowal, A. J., Tapang, T. and Laji, S., 2012. Computer Simulation for Haulage Performance of Power Tiller. International Journal of Computer Applications 58(5), 19-25.
- Pranav, P. K., Tapang, T., Pal, A. and Deb, S. K., 2015. Importance of Automatic Variable Single Hitch Point for 2WD Tractors - A Theoretical Analysis. Engineering in Agriculture, Environment and Food 8, 298-306.
- Pranav, P. K., Pandey, K. P., and Tewari, V. K., 2015. Development of Electronic Ground Speed Sensor for Tractors. Journal of Agricultural Engineering, 52(3), 46-50.
- Pranav, P. K., and Biswas, M., 2016. Mechanical intervention for reducing dust concentration in traditional rice mills. Industrial Health (DOI: 10.2486/indhealth.2015-0180).
- Pranav, P. K. and Patel, T., 2015. Impact of ergonomic intervention in manual orange harvester among the workers of hilly region in India. WORK: A Journal of Prevention, Assessment, and Rehabilitation (accepted).
- Pranav, P. K., Patel, T. and Singh, P. K., 2015. Development of Database and Mathematical Models for Predicting Engine Performance Parameters using Biodiesel. International Journal of Agricultural and Biological Engineering (Accepted).
- Pranav, P. K., Phukan, Y., Saha, B., 2016. Computer Program for Cost Estimation of Agricultural Machines. Scientific Journal”Agricultural Engineering” (Accepted).
- Pranav, P. K. and Pandey, K. P., 2004. Computer Simulation of Drawbar Performance for Agricultural Tractors. Power and Machinery System & Ergonomic Safety and Health, Anamaya publishers, New Delhi, 195-203.
- Pranav, P. K., Patel, T. and Singh, P. K., 2011. Development of mathematical models for predicting engine performance parameters using biodiesels. Proceeding of International Congress on Renewable Energy (ICORE 2011), 55-62.
- Patel, T., Pranav, P. K. and Singh, P. K., 2011. Development of database for biodiesel in Visual Basic environment. Proceeding of International Congress on Renewable Energy (ICORE 2011), 7-15.
- Pranav, P. K., Patel, T., Nandy, S., Biswas, M., Phukon R. and Gogoi, N., 2012. Assessment of dust hazard in rice mills and suggesting suitable dust mask for their minimization. Humanizing work and work environment, Ergo: safety for all, 362-365
- Pranav, P. K., Patel, T., and Mandal, D., 2012. Ergonomic evaluation of existing orange harvesters and its design modification for north east region. Humanizing work and work environment, Ergo: safety for all, 329-335.
- Tapang, T. and Pranav, P. K., 2014. Effect of lowered hitch height on longitudinal stability of 2WD tractor. Proceeding of National conference on emerging technology trends in Agricultural Engineering, 99-106.
- Kumar, A., Kumar, S., Hazarika, B., and Pranav, P. K., 2014. Locus of virtual hitch point with respect to depth of operation of tractor. Proceeding of National conference on emerging technology trends in Agricultural Engineering, 116-120.
- Kumar, S., Nilling, J. J., Imchen, L., Bhutia, P. L. and Pranav, P. K., 2014. Estimation of waste and its energy potential in tea estate of Assam. International symposium on Aspects of mechanical Engineering & technology for industry, 314-319.
- Pranav, P. K., Chelleng, S., and Das, L. 2015. Maximum Acceptable Work Period in Load Carrying of Sherpa Mode for Female Workers of Arunachal Pradesh. Presented in 19th Triennial Congress of the International Ergonomics Association, Melbourne, Australia
- Pranav, P. K. and Kumar, S. 2016. Syngas Potential of Industry Tea Waste using Downdraft Gasifier. Presented in 50th ISAE convention at OUAT, Bhubaneswar.