MS. Vanita Pandey
Irrigation Water Management Natural Resource Management Watershed Management
- Professional Background
- Honors and Awards
- Educational Qualification
- Administrative Background
- Teaching Engagements
- Projects and Thesis Supervised/ Currently Supervising
- Participation in short term courses
|From(Date of Joining)||To||Designation||Organisation||Nature of Association|
|03/09/2007||05/11/2016||Assistant Professor||CAEPHT, CAU|
|M Tech||Irrigation water Management||MPUAT, Udaipur||2002|
|B Tech||Agricultural Engineering||Agricultural Engg.||2000|
|Applied Mechanics (EE/AE)||ES-3101||Bridge||I|
|Command Area Development||AE-6001||Degree||I|
|Irrigation and Drainage Engineering - II||AE-6201||Degree||II|
|Water resources Planning and Management||AE-7038||PG|
|Ground water Hydrology||AE 7039||PG|
|Title of Project||Names of Students||Year|
|Analysis of water quality parameters of Rani-Khola and Busuk-Khola Rivers||Mr. R. Lalchhandami||2010|
|Assessing the performance of selected temperature based models under climatic conditions of East Sikkim||Ruatkimi Varte||2011|
|Trend analysis of Evapotranspiration in East Sikkim||Sonu Kumar||2011|
|Calibration and performance verification of Hargreaves-Samani Equation for East Sikkim||A.Priya Mahanta Sharma||2012|
|Evaluation of temperature based solar radiation models for east Sikkim||Ms. M.Lalnunkimi||2012|
|Regional Temporal trend analysis of rainfall across the climatic conditions of India||Mr. T.B.Singh||2013|
|Trend Analysis Of Mean Monthly Regional Rainfall Of India||Mr Paul Jamoh||2013|
|Time Series Analysis Of Mean Temperature For East Siang District Of Arunachal Pradesh||Mr. Nangil||2014|
|Performance Evaluation of Reference evapotranspiration methods for Jorhat District of Assam||Mr Pintu Kr Gupta||2015|
|Evaluation of Reference evapotranspiration methods for Jorhat District of Assam||Mr Lalruatkima||2015|
|Course Name||Sponsored By||Date|
|Entrepreneurship Development Under Sustainable Farming System||ICAR Research Complex for NEH Region, Sikkim Centre Tadong, Gangtok||May 25 to June 14 2009|
|Statistical models for forecasting in Agriculture||Education division ICAR, New Delhi and organized by Indian Agricultural and Statistical Research Institute (IASRI)||September 11 – October 1,2012|
- a) Research Papers
- Pandey PK, Dabral PP, Pandey V (2016). Evaluation of reference evapotranspiration methods for the northeastern region of India. International Soil and Water Conservation Research, 04(01): 56-67.
- Yadav S, Deb P, Kumar S, Pandey V, Pandey PK (2016). Trends in major and minor meteorological variables and their influence on reference evapotranspiration for mid Himalayan region at east Sikkim, India. Journal of Mountain Science, 13 (02): 302 -3015. (IF 1.078).
- Pandey V, Pandey PK, Priya M (2014). Calibration and Performance Verification of Hargreaves Samani Equation in a Humid Region. Wiley Irrigation and Drainage, doi: 10.1002/ird.1874. (IF 0.725).
- Pandey PK, Pandey V (2011). Lysimeter based crop coefficients for estimation of crop evapotranspiration of black gram (Vigna Mungo L.) in sub-humid region. Int J Agric & Biol Eng, 2011; 4(4): 50 doi: 10.3965/j.issn.1934-6344.2011.04.050-058.
- Pandey V, Pandey PK (2010). Spatial and Temporal Variability of Soil Moisture. International Journal of Geosciences, 01 (02): 87-98. (IF 0.69).
- Pandey P, Pandey V, Singh R, Bhakar SR (2009). Stochastic Modelling of Actual Black Gram Evapotranspiration. Journal of Water Resource and Protection, 01 (06): 448-455. (IF 0.8)
- Patle GT, Pandey V, Senapati PC (2011). Techno-feasibility criteria in design and construction of low cost poly houses. Journal of Agricultural Engineering Today, 35 (01): 20-26.
- Yadav R, Radhey S, Jha V (2004). Water Course Lining Decision Using two level optimization model. Journal of Indian Water Resources Society, 24 (03): 12-20.
- Krishna GM, Radhey S, Jha, V (2004). Dynamic Irrigation Scheduling model for a canal command. Journal of Agricultural Engineering, 41(01), January-March, 2004.
- Jha V, Singh RV Bhakar SR (2003). Stochastic modeling of Soil Moisture. Journal of Agricultural Engineering, 40 (04): 51-56.
- Extension Publications :
- Pandey Vanita. 2012. Assessing the performance of selected temperature based model evapotranspiration under climatic conditions of East Sikkim. CAU Research Newsletter. January – June 2012.
- Pandey Vanita, M, Lalnunkimi and P.K.Pandey. 2012. Calibration of Temperature based Solar Radiation Models for East Sikkim. CAU Research Newsletter. July December 2012.
- Study of variation in temperature and relative humidity within naturally ventilated polyhouses in low and mid hill regions of Sikkim (India), pp. 22-24. CAU Research Newsletter. Published by Directorate of Research, CAU, Imphal, Manipur- 795004. 2319-3042. January-June 2015
- Chapter in Edited Books:
- Radhey Shyam, Vanita Jha and Jodh Pal Singh: On farm study of leveling effect in rice and wheat crop in Uttaranchal Terai Drainage and Irrigation Water Management Edited by Virendra Kumar, Jaspal Singh and S.R. Bhakar, Himanshu, 2005, xii, , ISBN : 8179060993.
- Pandey V (2014). Book Chapter on Improved Methods of Rainwater Harvesting. Energy Efficient Improve Agricultural Equipment and Technologies (for Hilly Areas), Edited by Mahendra S. Seveda, Himanshu Publications, New Delhi & Udaipur, India, pp.56-59. ISBN:978-81-7906-384-2.
- Extension/ Training manual publication
- Radheshyam and Vanita Jha, 2004 Selection and Maintenance of Sprinkler irrigation system. Under NATP Scheme Improving skill and Instrumentation for water application in field for enhanced water use efficiency. Directorate of Research G.B.Pant University of Agriculture and Technology, Pantnagar,
- Vanita Pandey, H.C.Sharma, Radheshyam, 2005 improved methods of surface irrigation. Deptt. of Irrigation and Drainage Engg, G.B.Pant University of Agriculture and Technology, Pantnagar,
- Vanita Pandey, H.C.Sharma, Radheshyam, J.K.Singh 2005 Practical methods of water measurement. Deptt. of Irrigation and Drainage Engg, G.B.Pant University of Agriculture and Technology, Pantnagar,
- Kusre, B.C., Vashisth A.K. and Vanita Pandey Project Planning for taking up soil and water conservation work. Deptt. of Soil and Water Engg CAEPHT, CAU Gangtok.
- Water Harvesting techniques edited by G T Patle , Vanita Pandey, S.R.Yadav (CAEPHT/2008/02).
- Drip Irrigation –An Introduction edited by G T Patle , Vanita Pandey, S.R.Yadav (CAEPHT/2008/17).
- Stream bank erosion control by low cost treatment edited by Vanita Pandey, G T Patle , S.R.Yadav (CAEPHT/2008/18)
- Research Projects
PI/Co PI Title Sponsoring Agency Cost Duration Vanita Pandey PI and Dr. M.S.Sevda, Co-PI Critical Analysis of Quality of Post Graduate Research in Physical Sciences of Agricultural Education System ICAR Extramural Research Projects Rs. 5.8 Lakh 2016-17 Dr. M.S.Sevda, PI and Vanita Pandey Co-PI Gap Analysis of skill development in Agricultural Engineering and Technology Education ICAR Extramural Research Projects Rs. 6.0 Lakh 2016-17 Patle G T –PI, Vanita Pandey CO-PI Assessment of infiltration rate of a paddy growing area in a micro watershed of East Sikkim CAU Gangtok Rs. 1.16 Lakh Nov 2015-Oct 2016 S.R.Yadav –PI,Vanita Pandey CO-PI, and P.dabnath CO-PI Chemical Analysis of water quality parameters of Rani-Khola and Busuk-Khola Rivers water for irrigation and domestic use of CAEPHT Campus CAU Gangtok Rs. 0.885 Lakhs 2009-10 Patle G T –PI, Vanita Pandey CO-PI, S.R.Yadav CO–PI Performance and evaluation of pressurized irrigation system on vegetable crop in the valley of East Sikkim CAU Gangtok Rs. 0.77 Lakhs 2009-10