Fluid Mechanics and Heat Transfer
- Professional Background
- Educational Details
- Administrative Background
- Memberships in Professional bodies
- Teaching Engagements
- Projects and Thesis Supervised/ Currently Supervising
- PHDs Supervised
- Participation in short term courses
- Courses or Conferences Organised
- Special Lectures Delivered
|23rdJan., 2001||31stDec., 2003||Researcher||Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden.|
|3/06/04||14/12/04||Lecturer||BITS Pilani Goa Campus, India.|
|20/12/04||1/04/05||Visiting Scientist||Bhaba Atomic Research Centre, Trombay, India.|
|07/04/ 05||31/05/06||Lecturer||Haldia Institute of Technology, Haldia, India.|
|26/11/2009||16/12/2009||Associate Professor||BSA College of Engg. And Technology, Mathura, India|
|22/12/2009||Present||Professor||North Eastern Regional Institute of Science and Technology, India.|
|B.E.(Mechanical Engg.)||Mechanical Engg.||B.E. College/ Calcutta University||1989|
|MSc. (Engg.)||Heat Transfer and Fluid Mechanics||I.I.Sc.||1993|
|Ph.D.(Engg.)||Heat Transfer and Fluid Mechanics||I.I.Sc.||2000|
|23/5/2011||26/8/2014||HOD(ME)||North Eastern Regional Institute of Science and Technology|
|Heat and Mass Transfer||ME-5105||Degree||5th Semester|
|Experimental Technique||ME-5251||Degree||6th Semester|
|Advanced Thermodynamics and Heat Transfer||ME-7112||Post-Graduate||1st semester|
|Practice I||ME-7251||Post-Graduate||1st Semester|
|Measurements and Control in Fluid and Thermal Engineering||ME-7212||Post-Graduate||2nd Semester|
|Theory of Compressible flow||ME-7002||Post-Graduate||2nd Semester|
|Practice II||ME-7252||Post-Graduate||2nd Semester|
|Title of Project||Names of Students|
|Entry region laminar mixed convection studies under simultaneous heat and mass transfer from extended surfaces (FINS).||Mr. Kankan Kishore Pathak|
|A study of mixed convective condensation between parallel plates.||Mr.DipankaBhuyan|
|Electronic chip cooling by natural convection in a closed enclosure with the presence of active wall||Ms. Swastika Patel|
|Evaporation of fuel droplet.||Ms.Sikha Rani Patgiri|
|A computational Study of natural convection for fixed and variable fin height.||Mr.DebayanDasgupta|
|Performance analysis of thermo-syphon by using nano fluid.||Mr.Sidhartha Das|
|Electronic cooling with phase change material using constant and variable height pin-fin.||Mr.MaibamRomio Singh|
|Effect of surface tension on evaporation of fuel droplet.||Mr.Abhijit Das|
|Topic||Scholar Name||Status of PHD||Registration Year|
|Mixed convection heat transfer from a shrouded fin array with and without vortex generator.||Mr.Biplab Das||Completed||2010|
|Mixed and natural convection heat transfer from variable fin height.||Kankan Kishore Pathak||Ongoing||2014|
|Condensation in parallel plate.||DipankaBhuyan||Ongoing||2014|
|Methanol fuel in Petrol and Diesel engine.||Sidhartha Das||Ongoing||2015|
|Electronic cooling using phase change material.||MaibamRomio Singh||Ongoing||2015|
|Course Name||Sponsored By||Date|
|Recent Advances in Mechanics and their application in Nano-Engineering and Technology.||AICTE||1st to 12th August, 2011|
|Advances in Welding Technology.||TEQIP-II||10-11th May, 2013|
|Appropriate Technology for rural Development.||TEQIP-II||25-29th August, 2014|
|Conference Name||Sponsored By||Date|
|Computational and Experimental aspects in Thermal Sciences .||TEQIP-II||27th Feb., to 2nd March, 2012|
|Advances in Welding Technology.||TEQIP-II||10-11th May, 2013|
|Bubble Dynamics||College of Engineering and Management, Kolaghat||11th to 13th January, 2008.|
- AsisGiri, DipankaBhuyan, Biplab Das, A study of mixed convection heat transfer with condensation from a parallel plate channel. Int. J. Thermal Science 98 (2015), PP. 165-178.
- B. Das and A. Giri, Mixed convective heat transfer from vertical fin array in the presence of vortex generator, Int. J. Heat Mass Transfer, vol. 82(2015), pp. 26–41.
- A. Giri, K. K. Pathak, B. Das, A computational study of mixed convective heat and mass transfer from a shrouded vertical non-isothermal fin array during dehumidification process, Int. J. Heat Mass Transfer, 91 (2015) 264–281.
- B. Das, AsisGiri, ‘Conjugate conduction and convection underneath a downward facing non-isothermal extended surface: A numerical study’, Energy Conversion and Management, 88(2014), 15–26.
- B. Das, AsisGiri, ‘Non-Boussinesq laminar mixed convection in a non-isothermal fin array’, Applied Thermal Engineering, vol. 63(2014), 447-458.
- B. Das, AsisGiri, ‘Second law analysis of vertical plate-finned heat sink undergoing mixed convection’, Int. Comm. Heat Mass Transfer, vol. 56(2014), 42-49
- AsisGiri, B. Das, ‘A numerical study of entry region laminar mixed convection over shrouded vertical fin arrays’, Int. J. Thermal Sciences, vol.60(2012), 212-224
- S.D. Barma, B. Das, AsisGiri, S. Majumdar and P.K. Bose, ‘Back propagation artificial neural network (BPANN) based performance analysis of diesel engine using biodiesel, J. Renewable and Sustainable Energy, vol.3(2011) 013101-1-12.
- B.R. Sehgal, A. Giri, U. Chikkanagoudar and A. Karbojian, ‘Experiments on in-vessel melt coolability in EC-FOREVER program’, J. Nucl. Engg. Degn., Volume 236, Issues 19-21 (2006) pp.2199-2210,.
- AsisGiri, Hyun Sun Park and Bal Raj Sehgal, ‘Analysis of bubble dynamics in explosive boiling of droplet with fine fragmentation’, Journal of Experimental Thermal and Fluid Science, Volume 29, Issue 3(2005), pp. 295-303.
- B.R. Sehgal, A. Karbojian, A. Giri, et al., ‘Assessment of reactor vessel integrity(ARVI)’, J. Nucl. Engg. Degn., Volume 235, Issues 2-4 (2005) pp.213-232.
- AsisGiri, G.S.V.L. Narasimham and M.V. Krishna Murthy, ‘Combined laminar natural convection heat and mass transfer from vertical shrouded fin arrays’, Int. J. Heat Fluid Flow, Volume 24, Issue 1(2003) pp. 100-113.
- B.R. Sehgal, A. Theerthan, A. Giri, et al., ‘Assessment of Reactor Vessel Integrity’, J. Nucl. Engg. Degn., Volume 221, Issues 1-3(2003) pp.23-53.
- Vijay H. Arakeri and AsisGiri, ‘Optical pulse characteristics of sonoluminescence at low acoustic drive levels’, Phy. Rev. E, 63(2001) pp.066303-1-13. http://prola.aps.org/abstract/PRE/v63/i6/e066303
- AsisGiri and Vijay H. Arakeri, ‘Measured pulse width of sonoluminescence flashes in the form of resonance radiation’, Phy. Rev. E, 58(3)(1998) pp. R2713-2716. http://prola.aps.org/abstract/PRE/v58/i3/pR2713_1
Have collaboration with IITG and NIT-Arunachal Pradesh.